Nevadans?

Any tips on getting our rooster to be a bit nicer to my wife? He doesn't seem to bug me much as I really don't let him - but my wife now hates him and he used to be her favorite. LOL. I tried telling her that she can't act scared but I'm not sure that is working out for her. I now have to put him in a carrier when she goes in to clean or replace water/food. 

Try carrying him around while you guys do chores. He has to learn your wife is boss. Mean roosters only get meaner if you don't train them. I always tell my kids (2 and 4 yr olds) that they need to "walk through" the roosters, not around them. You give them any slack and they'll think they're boss. You have to appreciate one who loves his girls and treats them right, but you can't have one who is always attacking you. :/ Gotta' get tough! Lol

About time girls

H! This be my first winter season with chickens. We have 1 Leghorn, 2 SL Wyandottes, and 1 Red/Gold Sexlink. At what temperature do we need to be concerned with them being too cold? Right now we keep the coop door open at night since they have a fully enclosed 100sq ft run. We have an outdoor thermometer and have a reader in the house. We're thinking of putting it in the coop so we can monitor the temp inside. I am in Reno.

Last edited:
Mine too. From what I've read chickens have no problems with temperatures in the below freezing range.
I live in the las Vegas/Henderson area, and should not even have to use a heat lamp.

Good ventilation without drafts and low humidity along with a big enough roost so they can cover their toes

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom