Nevadans?

Hello folks in the Reno area, I have some roo's that need new homes, I have a few Aruacana fellas that are still growing but I have too many, I also have some BCM boys and a Easter egger fella.. Drop me a line if your interested.

Things I could use, BCM pullets, olive egger pullets and true Ameraucana pullets.. Never seem to have enough ladies... Oh yea, welsummers too!

Ken

Looking of SEBRIGHT BANTAMS!!  Can anyone help?!  I'm looking for chicks or hatching eggs, hopefully local in Reno, NV!!

If you are not looking for great quality you can ask 1 Stop ranch and Feed to try and order some from the hatchery. If you want the show type Sebrights you probably won't find any local as far as I know of. The best place to find good show type birds especially bantam is the Pacific Poultry Breeders Show the end of January in Modesto, Ca they always have an amazing sale barn. Or check out the FB page California Poultry People or Show poultry group and ask them. Our local poultry club Northern Nevada Poultry Fanciers Association will start having poultry swaps again in the spring at 1 Stop Ranch & Feed where anyone can come sell birds, bird supplies and other farm type stuff in the parking lot for a small donation to the club. Good luck!!

Hello everyone. I have a question. How do I get started selling our chicks and/or hatching eggs in Nevada? Do any of you have any links that would help us find out about licensing, procedures, etc? We live in Nye Country, FYI. We are breeding French Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers for starts. Any information or experience you've had would be greatly. - Mary .appreciated. Thanks in advance. .
I would start by checking with the local feed stores. They may buy your chick's at less then they can order from hatchery (so they can make a profit) Craigslist would be another option especially with the sought after breeds. In northern Nevada there isn't any specific regulations on vaccinations except selling sick birds. Some locals and hatcheries vaccinate for Marek disease. The problem I have here with selling chick's is everyone wants guaranteed pullets and most breeds are hard to sex as day olds. So when I sell to private parties I offer to take back unwanted cockerels that I bred for free. Out poultry club will accept unrated males with a $5 donation to the club. Then we attempt to rehome them.

Hey people
I haven't posted on this forum in a pretty loooooooong time but I now have a question, no, make that two, and this is normally where I ask my chicken questions.
First question: has anybody in the Carson valley area lost a chicken (looks like a white leghorn) in the recent windstorm? If you have, I may be looking at your chicken, in quarantine, right now. If you have lost your chicken, message me.
Second question is, if I cannot find the owner of this chicken, how should I go about integrating her (I know she's female because she laid an egg) into my existing flock of four? I know about quarantining her, etcetera, which I am doing right now, but after that is done how should I help her adjust to the new flock, help them adjust to her, and so on, since she is a single chicken and they are four? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

The way I integrate new birds, and it seems to work out pretty well, is to pen them right next to the group I wish to integrate them with for about a week, then put them together..

The other way which seems to work, is once they main group goes to bed at night and are snoozing, slip the new bird into the coop while everyone else is sleeping.....

This is what works for me...

Ken

I agree with Ken both ways will work. It really depends on how aggressive your established hens act towards the new girl. Just be careful they don't gang up on the new girl.... Put lots of treats in pen during the transition and really watch them all closely. They might get along quickly or squabble a lot re-establishing the pecking order. Some breeds are worse than others, it also depends on how big the pen is, amount of hiding spots etc and how they act. Good luck! Julie

Back
Top Bottom