Nevadans?

Thanks Chickee.
smile.png

Do you still have those gorgeous BCMs or building up your flock again? I have added the golden cuckoo Marans, my first dark egg layers. They need work, but I think they will be worth it. I also have Marans eggs incubating from Fitz Farm lines, a combination of golden cuckoo, black copper, blue copper and wheaten. They came all the way from Oklahoma so I have no idea of what kind of hatch I will get. Ameraucana eggs also incubating that came from Arkansas. That on top of hatching out lots of chicks from my own birds already this year, yeah I have gone a little chick crazy!
lol.png

Hi all! I haven't checked in on my thread for ages now! Didn't have internet for 2 years and there has been a lot of personal stuff going on for me. Anyway just wanted to stop in and say "Hi" to everybody.
Wow! So glad to see that you're still around! I hope all is well and that we can look forward to an update on the chicken front. How are your dogs, your garden and your hubby? Most important, how are you?!?

Do you still have those gorgeous BCMs or building up your flock again? I have added the golden cuckoo Marans, my first dark egg layers. They need work, but I think they will be worth it. I also have Marans eggs incubating from Fitz Farm lines, a combination of golden cuckoo, black copper, blue copper and wheaten. They came all the way from Oklahoma so I have no idea of what kind of hatch I will get. Ameraucana eggs also incubating that came from Arkansas. That on top of hatching out lots of chicks from my own birds already this year, yeah I have gone a little chick crazy! :lol:     

I only have 1 marans left but I am getting some of my own stock back from Genny. We moved back to Cali, to be closer to the kids and grandkids and live in town now so no roos. :(

Good luck with all your hatches!

Wow! So glad to see that you're still around! I hope all is well and that we can look forward to an update on the chicken front. How are your dogs, your garden and your hubby? Most important, how are you?!?

We are doing as well as can be expected with Steve's diagnosis and my back issues. Life is a bit more challenging these days for sure but we're hanging in there.

We have 3 of our dogs left (we sold the others) and they are all so amazing! I just love them to death! I still have chickens but girls only (except for chicks but they don't count). The girls love it up here! They have all gotten so fat and sassy. Lol

So how are you doing?

Last edited:
I only have 1 marans left but I am getting some of my own stock back from Genny. We moved back to Cali, to be closer to the kids and grandkids and live in town now so no roos.
sad.png

Good luck with all your hatches!

That is great that you can get some of your own stock of Marans back! Hopefully I will have some extra Marans chicks if you need some :) The Fitz Farm eggs are nice and dark, especially the wheatens. Are you limited on how many you can have in town?

That is great that you can get some of your own stock of Marans back! Hopefully I will have some extra Marans chicks if you need some :)  The Fitz Farm eggs are nice and dark, especially the wheatens. Are you limited on how many you can have in town?

Not sure. My neighbors are cool with them so I'm good for now. :)

Just got my chicks in. Living in Sparks, NV.
Now that it is springtime, it is snowing.

Look forward to being part of the chicken community.

:(:D

Quote:
Hi, welcome. We live in south Reno and have three 11 month old hens (got them at the chicken swap at 1 Stop Ranch & Feed) and just got 3 Easter Egger chicks (at Greens Feed). They are 2 weeks old now.

Back
Top Bottom