Nevadans?

Quote:
Oh I didn't expect you to get me a ticket! My DH and I just like to take part in a lot of the local community stuff and we enjoy music so I thought it would be fun. In fact, I didn't even plan on saying hi! Not because I'm trying to be rude but I used to be a teacher and I know what to watch out for.
It is not a good idea at your age to be giving any personal information of any kind out on the internet so I had no intention of asking you for any! Attending is one thing, asking you to describe yourself so we could say hi is not a good idea much less asking you to get me a ticket! You need to be careful these days and if anyone does ask you for this kind of info you should tell your folks or a teacher immediately!
Not trying to scare you or anything, most of the people you talk to on the web are probably very nice folks, but there are also some not very nice folks out there so please don't share personal info with folks on the internet or offer to get them tickets to a show you are in or tell them what school you go to etc.!!! I'm a Mom and if my kids were doing that it would scare me very much! So promise me you will be careful OK?

Oh, no! i didnt mean it like that at all! i mean they are selling tickets to people who show up only if they dont sell out to the HO kids. There are three tickets for each kid, and thats all. Its really stupid, but they have limited seating. They should have put it in a bigger place, but they had to be jerks. So thats what i meant. Even if you do come, no one can garentee if there will be any more tickets.

Hello all. I am new to this site but I do live in Washoe County about 10 miles North of Sparks. I was reading on another thread where Flowers of Abba said she had Barnvelders. I've been looking for a Barnie for a couple of years but I have only found them on the East coast. If FLowers of Abba or anyone else out there has Barnvelders I'd love to talk turkey (or chicken) with them about getting a pair or trio or so. I'm also looking for a couple of Buff Polish hens if anyone around here has any.

Quote:
I have a harlequin drake I picked up in Fallon last year. He is kind of lonely living only with chickens and no other ducks. I'd be willing to trade him.

Quote:
I purchased 1 doz hatching eggs from peace of thyme last year. They are laying well and so I have shipped a few sets of eggs. I have not heard back yet to see how the hatch rate is going on the shipped eggs ! I am going to set a batch in the bator in a few days. If your interested in pick up instead of the woes of damage due to shipping, let me know!

Quote:
Oh I didn't expect you to get me a ticket! My DH and I just like to take part in a lot of the local community stuff and we enjoy music so I thought it would be fun. In fact, I didn't even plan on saying hi! Not because I'm trying to be rude but I used to be a teacher and I know what to watch out for.
It is not a good idea at your age to be giving any personal information of any kind out on the internet so I had no intention of asking you for any! Attending is one thing, asking you to describe yourself so we could say hi is not a good idea much less asking you to get me a ticket! You need to be careful these days and if anyone does ask you for this kind of info you should tell your folks or a teacher immediately!
Not trying to scare you or anything, most of the people you talk to on the web are probably very nice folks, but there are also some not very nice folks out there so please don't share personal info with folks on the internet or offer to get them tickets to a show you are in or tell them what school you go to etc.!!! I'm a Mom and if my kids were doing that it would scare me very much! So promise me you will be careful OK?

Oh, no! i didnt mean it like that at all! i mean they are selling tickets to people who show up only if they dont sell out to the HO kids. There are three tickets for each kid, and thats all. Its really stupid, but they have limited seating. They should have put it in a bigger place, but they had to be jerks. So thats what i meant. Even if you do come, no one can garentee if there will be any more tickets.

Oh! I get it now! You mean there are no tickets period! Well thanks for thinking of me anyway. I guess that means that we will just have to wait for the jazz festival. I think it's in April. Well I'm sure the parents, etc. will enjoy your show. Knock 'em dead kiddo!

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder evonne! My DH is always worried about who we're dealing with on-line too. We try to be careful and always meet in a busy public place etc but it is still taking a chance.

A couple of months ago I sold two of my birds to a gal in Sacramento and DH was nervous about it, so when she asked if we preferred to drop them at her house or work I quickly said "Your work will be fine. Where do you work?" When she answered "CHP headquarters" I had to laugh. Even my suspicious DH felt safe dropping them off there!
lol.png

Quote:
I purchased 1 doz hatching eggs from peace of thyme last year. They are laying well and so I have shipped a few sets of eggs. I have not heard back yet to see how the hatch rate is going on the shipped eggs ! I am going to set a batch in the bator in a few days. If your interested in pick up instead of the woes of damage due to shipping, let me know!

I'd love a couple of Barnies as well! Are they purebred? I've heard it's very hard to get the real dark egg laying Barnevelders in the U.S.
hmm.png

Welcome to the Nevada thread Humbrd!!!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Ah c'mon Evonne, you're telling me that is not your snow banked creek in your backyard in Vegas. What gives? I have a source that I found but am still waiting for pics of the parent birds, we'll see.

Quote:
I have a harlequin drake I picked up in Fallon last year. He is kind of lonely living only with chickens and no other ducks. I'd be willing to trade him.

welcome-byc.gif
Humbrd. Sounds great, what do you want? And are you going to be any closer to southern NV anytime soon?

Barnvelders? I'm in!

Quote:

I'd love a couple of Barnies as well! Are they purebred? I've heard it's very hard to get the real dark egg laying Barnevelders in the U.S.
hmm.png

frow.gif

I have pure Barnies from peace of thyme, but the eggs are more of a terra cotta color....
sad.png
a bit darker than my barred rocks, but not much. From what I have heard (hours and hours of calls and reading) the more you work on the coloring of the double lacing the lighter and lighter the egg. So I am trying to get together with several hobby breeders in cali and nevada to work together to darken the egg, but they are HUGE. Like I mean,,,, they dont always even fit in the cartons!!!!!
woot.gif

And everything you will hear about how sweet they are is true!

Quote:
hmm.png

frow.gif

I have pure Barnies from peace of thyme, but the eggs are more of a terra cotta color....
sad.png
a bit darker than my barred rocks, but not much. From what I have heard (hours and hours of calls and reading) the more you work on the coloring of the double lacing the lighter and lighter the egg. So I am trying to get together with several hobby breeders in cali and nevada to work together to darken the egg, but they are HUGE. Like I mean,,,, they dont always even fit in the cartons!!!!!
woot.gif

And everything you will hear about how sweet they are is true!

Sounds great! I'd love a couple. I can pick them up the next time you hatch.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Ah c'mon Evonne, you're telling me that is not your snow banked creek in your backyard in Vegas. What gives? I have a source that I found but am still waiting for pics of the parent birds, we'll see.

Quote:

welcome-byc.gif
Humbrd. Sounds great, what do you want? And are you going to be any closer to southern NV anytime soon?

Barnvelders? I'm in!

Actually I will be making a trip to Pheonix in August if you can wait that long. Tried to attach a pic of the duck but couldn't I have now made it my avatar so hopefully it will display.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom