New addition to the family!

There seems to be a lot of people having leg issues with either goslings or adult geese. I am wondering if this all is occurring due to not having access to waterfowl feed??? Waterfowl feed has the niacin and ingredience (sp?)needed to keep leg problems down in goslings and geese...
Hi Ruru. It´s strange, because previous years I didn´t lose one gozzie. But last year, as you know, I had problems, I think I lost 4, but since you told me about the niacin, I´ve only had success with my gozzies, I have 19 youngsters out there. But I´ve looked and looked, even in the big stores that only do animal food, and there´s nothing here for waterfowl that I´ve discovered yet, so I think you´re right about the lack of it. We just have to spread the word....NIACIN!
lol.png

I am putting 500 in each gal if water, I am using a blender to get it resolved in the water.

I checked on them this morning and they have not moved since yesterday morning. I took all the duds away and totally cleaned and beded to pen. I was able to open the door all afternoon and let the sun shine in.

I did buy a differnt feed today but it was an multi purpose food, I realized we were feeding them chick starter!

Could that have caused any issues?

I am putting 500 in each gal if water, I am using a blender to get it resolved in the water.

I checked on them this morning and they have not moved since yesterday morning. I took all the duds away and totally cleaned and beded to pen. I was able to open the door all afternoon and let the sun shine in.

I did buy a differnt feed today but it was an multi purpose food, I realized we were feeding them chick starter!

Could that have caused any issues?

Guessing maybe this could be caused by too much protein and not enough exercise. I do believe his legs just gave out? They are mainly grass eaters, so wouldn't that mean high fiber and low protein feed?

Sounds correct, when we got them TSC recommended cracked corn and this chick starter. We have a basic poultry feed recommended for geese ( and all others) now with fresh greens.

Never know till you ask, I have they just won't. seems they order in bulk and being we only have 1 feed store that can do what they want.

I know the feed store I go to takes all my orders but I do pay for the feed several weeks sometimes before I get it so I never wait to the last minute to place my order on what ever I need ...................

As you can see I need a wide verity of feed products .......
But 3 way. cracked corn. flock raiser are the main feed's ....

Well they were both up and at the feed bowl this morning, they are eating the greens and drinking the water.

Let's hope we are the road to recovery!

Back
Top Bottom