New Aluminum Salatin style pen no dolly required.

My father in law came up with the design Im challenged too lol. It is 10X12. I have one more to build so I will take more detailed pictures of it. I will try and get some close ups of the wheel design for you. I will work on counting the pieces to get a price list. We basically built it as we went so there are no plans. The wheels took about 4 tries to get it just right. I got the wheel Idea from a post from Jaku last year on here.

Im working on my second one now and taking many more pictures as we go. The frame is complete as of yesterday. I will do a full picture spread with a cost list. I have a magazine wanting to do an article on it so I have to list everything for them. I will post as soon as I get all the info together.

pop.gif

Last edited:
I'd love to take a look at it as well. We are always trying to improve our tractors and how they work for us as well as the birds.

I like that setup. I have built alot of stuff out of conduit and chain link rail the last few years. If you hace access to a welder it takes a little more time to build but you save alot on couplers. On the zip ties the black seem to last longer but still get weak from the sun. Even the ones that say UV resistant. Hose clamps work better and last a long time but get costly fast. Then I tried screwing the bottom of the frame to wood 2x2 runners and attatching the wire to the 2x2s. Finally settled on screws with washers to attatch wire to metal then hog rings for wire to wire connections.

Back
Top Bottom