NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs! April Fools 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very exciting. I hope it works out.

I have just 3 hens old enough to lay but I have some chicks that will be laying starting in the summer. I have 2 red production hens and one large black cochin hen that all lay about on egg a day. So I get on average 35 eggs every two weeks. My hens names are floofy, flossy, and Bella. They all have their own personalities and are so much fun to watch them play in the field. We have an acre for 6 chickens to free range on and the rest are growing up in the brooder and will soon go to the field.

Last edited:
I'm VERY interested. I have 39 hens (is that too many?) Most have names, but frankly, it is hard to tell 23 white leghorn hens apart. I could sure give them names since that is a requirement. They lay AWESOME jumbo eggs! My girls truly are free range. We have a farm, and they are free to go wherever they please. They never venture too far from the coop, however. I get between 2-3 dozen eggs per day. I have been selling to friends and people at work. I have more than I can sell.

I have 23 white leghorns (I simply call them "Chick-Chick, Lady or Girlie")
2 buff orpingtons Buffy and Goldie
4 Black jersey giants-Amazon, Beetle, Shrimp or Shrimpy and Mary.
10 Black copper marans-Some of these just go by Girlie or Lady, too.

Edited to add: All the described hens are exactly one year old.

Last edited:
I am interested!
1) 28 hens (and many more soon to be hens in the brooder!) - I'm happy to provide list of breeds and all hens names if you'd like.
2) 112 eggs a week is my safe weekly estimate
smile.png
This is awesome!!!
... edited to add - I didn't include our bantams! If those "count" we have an additional 10 bantam hens... and they lay about 2 dozen eggs a week (again, safe estimate).

Last edited:
Nifty...!

You forgot to mention the .25 bonus for egg cartons that have all six colors of egg that you have shown in the pic.
(Mahogany, Olive, Basic Brown, Pearl White, Blue and Green)

Once my Olive Egger Pen is up and functioning that means $3.22 a dozen or $4.83 for an 18 pack.

I think this will really help stimulate the economic situation for all BYC owners.

I know I've already been getting PMs from Arizona Zonies to get put on their route, I'm thinking that Laree may end up having to help me do pickups for the northside and Noskiveez for the south and maybe Bob's Henhouse or Nuclear Chickens for the west side. I'll be taking up the slack for mahalo4 on the east.

Breakfast will be covered for AZ restaurants!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow and looking at your colorful egg basket, you'll qualify for the .25 extra per dozen.

I am definitly interested in doing this. Right now I have seven LF hens laying. I get an average of 35 eggs a week and I have more pullets growing. I would love to sell some of the extra eggs instead of giving them away to the people I work with.
wink.png

I have 36 year plus old hens laying right now and 23 pullets that will start laying by June...BO's, BA's, SLW's are the older girls, Australorp, SLW, GLW's make up the rest of the flock. Right now I average 33 eggs a day...working on getting licensed and NPIP too.....sign me up! Guess I need to update my flock status, huh?

Last edited:
Quote:
Duck eggs are in the works for bakeries.

They make such fluffy cakes...

We just need to sell them better and we'll be adding them to the lineup.

Keep those duckies laying, they could mean BIG MONEY!!

ETA: Oh, and you'll need to be certain that they have water to swim in along with names for each....

Ducks out of water just won't sell eggs.

And we hope to have our own line up of Turkey Eggs during the month of November! $5.15 a dozen!!!

Last edited:
I have seven hens and am averaging 35 eggs a week or so - I could definitely meet the 'two dozen a week' cut-off.

The hard part is naming the chickens - I'm going to eventually eat the older birds, and I don't like naming what I eat. I also question if having a name means anything to the chicken's state of joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom