NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs! April Fools 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It is a good idea but just like todays joke, the intent can backfire with a few. Some take offense to what they see as charity and giving eggs away has backfired on us and literally had them thrown back in our face. Even the " I had extra eggs and thought you might like some" has gone wrong.

Doesn't stop us from sharing with others. But it has taught me to periodically expect a bad reaction.

Quote:
My family is needy. Four kids 6 and under; needy, needy, needy.

Actually, the eggs from our chickens have been a blessing this past year. Things have been bad in our industry and food prices have skyrocketed. I don't think they're going down any time soon, either.

My first 4 were in that age group together. Then later I added another, then later I added another. Last one is my chicken kid.

I've been hatching out a cross and I donated chicks the other day to help something called Hungry Families I think. Gave them 20 chicks that people can use for meat or eggs. I'll be donating more if they need me to.

CowgirlGrace don't feel bad because ur gullible. I'm 60 and my family still thinks I am.But over the years I have learned to laugh about it and know that they laugh with me and not at me. I don't consider myself stupid at all, just trusting. Just learn to be extra careful when it comes to money and ur safety. I forgot to say I did read all the posts and thoroughly enjoyed all the chicken names. Looking forward to next 4/1.

Quote:
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
:lau:gig

I love BYC. I love the mods. I love each and every member, yes, that means you, yes you, the one reading this right now! I may not always agree with you all, and sometimes I may even get mad at you, but you are family. Happy April Fools Day! I hope you got to laugh today.

Hats off to Nifty and all the co-conspirator mods, WELL DONE!
Hats off to Mahonri, for taking it to the next level. (I was one of the ones that PMed you to be careful or you would get deleted!)
Hats off to Pat (Jess K) for turning the tables on the OPs (although I must say that it must have only alarmed them for a second, because I replied to your post with only
ep.gif
and
th.gif
and it was removed just like my first one that called the joke!)
Hats off to EVERYONE who couldn't be fooled, or were only fooled at first, hats off to those of you who fell hard for it and those of you who still believe it!
YOU all rock!

<walks away singing "I love this forum, it's my kind of plaaace, just logging on to BYC puts a big smile on my face,,," to the tune of "I love this bar">

Quote:
My family is needy. Four kids 6 and under; needy, needy, needy.

Actually, the eggs from our chickens have been a blessing this past year. Things have been bad in our industry and food prices have skyrocketed. I don't think they're going down any time soon, either.

My first 4 were in that age group together. Then later I added another, then later I added another. Last one is my chicken kid.

I've been hatching out a cross and I donated chicks the other day to help something called Hungry Families I think. Gave them 20 chicks that people can use for meat or eggs. I'll be donating more if they need me to.

My husband has drawn the line firmly at four. And after having a baby every two years for the past 6, so has my body. I just turned 30 and I'm ready to kick back and enjoy the ones I have..and enjoy having my body back to myself. All these pregnancies kept putting a kink in my running habit.
I must confess, I do bask in the incredulous "Those are all yours? You don't look like a mother of four" comments. Have 'em while you're young, I say.
cool.png

Thanks for the tip; I'll look for that program. I'm sure I'll have some spares this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom