New coop and run post/question on fencing for chickens & cat

Yes I let mine free range and they destroyed my moms flower beds and flung the mulch about three feet out of the beds and when there not there they are eating the cats foods or up in the woods al last to my neighbors

Yes I let mine free range and they destroyed my moms flower beds and flung the mulch about three feet out of the beds and when there not there they are eating the cats foods or up in the woods al last to my neighbors

Oh wow, that stinks! Naughty chickens you have there! Lol fortunately, we don't really have any good gardening they can ruin hahah although last time i let them out they stayed next to the run, under some baby pines, but did occasionally try to go into the woods. I may fence that part off. We have almost 3 acres but like half is woods and they are in the backyard and in the back, the neighbors are right there, so I have to find a way to keep them away from that part lol

Alright I got e pic

As u can see the two end panels are connected to the coop and there is chicken wire under around the coop so they can go under there and they have never flew out of there pen until I had a roost about half way up the panels and there is two big doors one at each end but since he end panel was opened up to connect to the coop the door is right there opened and there is one three panels down there is three pieces of tin on there up next to the coop to give them a place up under out of the rain and hen the rest is chicken wire with a few sticks to hold it up since there will be snow laying on it and then there is a tarp on the end wall to keep the wind from blowing in there house and then the door for them to go into is right there on the back wall and there is a ramp up and then next to the ramp there is a big roost connected to a stick to the ground the the tin and en the stick goes through the rectangle in the panels and the other end is srewed into the coop and then they both meet to the stick and is screwed together there and then there is a swing hanging from the roosting stick and the other side under the roosting stick there is a piece of chain that holds there five gallon bucket feeder hope this helps and hope u can imagine how every thing is set up if u can't see it in the pic but o ere is a compost box at the far end from the coop in the back corner facing the woods with two smaller roost above it so there poo falls down into the compost box hope this helps

As u can see the two end panels are connected to the coop and there is chicken wire under around the coop so they can go under there and they have never flew out of there pen until I had a roost about half way up the panels and there is two big doors one at each end but since he end panel was opened up to connect to the coop the door is right there opened and there is one three panels down there is three pieces of tin on there up next to the coop to give them a place up under out of the rain and hen the rest is chicken wire with a few sticks to hold it up since there will be snow laying on it and then there is a tarp on the end wall to keep the wind from blowing in there house and then the door for them to go into is right there on the back wall and there is a ramp up and then next to the ramp there is a big roost connected to a stick to the ground the the tin and en the stick goes through the rectangle in the panels and the other end is srewed into the coop and then they both meet to the stick and is screwed together there and then there is a swing hanging from the roosting stick and the other side under the roosting stick there is a piece of chain that holds there five gallon bucket feeder hope this helps and hope u can imagine how every thing is set up if u can't see it in the pic but o ere is a compost box at the far end from the coop in the back corner facing the woods with two smaller roost above it so there poo falls down into the compost box hope this helps

Thank you so much for the pictures and explaination! I really like some of these ideas! I think I might use them :)

Have u have an idea of what one u are going with I could help u decide on one that best fits ur needs

I'm not really sure honestly hahah I liked a few of the plans from Meyer which i just recently found, specifically the daisy and the new englander and gingerbread duck house (i think the latter two are the same just decorated different), at the link below

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productlist.a5w?subcat=5098&cat=1027

But besides that I really don't know and I didn't really have a specific plan and was kinda just gonna wing it haha but I might buy one of the plans but they're kind of expensive so I don't know.

All I know is it needs to be 4x8 or 6x6 or something at least and a big run haha

Back
Top Bottom