New Hampshire Breed for Exhibition & SOP

Hello everyone. I know this is a older thread. However I was still
able to get some of my questions answered off it so I wanted to give it a
bump. I do have a question regarding egg production of the German line.
Do any of you notice any difference in egg production between the German lines and
the American line? I say American meaning our New Hamps in America prior to
the reintroduction of the German line... I hope that makes sense.

Joe

One thing I don't understand is what is the hype about German new Hampshire? They are not true APA should a judge even place them. They only appear to meat SOP but they are not they are not a true DP. They are not actually meaty. I personally think it is an insult to theNH which is not a European breed, it is an American breed.Their are truly still breeders who have NH that actually are able to process at 12wks being 6\7lbs live weight.you can't get that from a German

One thing I don't understand is what is the hype about German new Hampshire? They are not true APA should a judge even place them. They only appear to meat SOP but they are not they are not a true DP. They are not actually meaty. I personally think it is an insult to theNH which is not a European breed, it is an American breed.Their are truly still breeders who have NH that actually are able to process at 12wks being 6\7lbs live weight.you can't get that from a German

What weight did you get the German line to in 12 weeks when you raised them?

Just wanted to bump this thread.

It seems that most of the serious poultry folks are no longer here on BYC, but I was curious as to how the progress has been going amongst the New Hampshire owners. So if any of you are around still, could we get an update?

Any color progress in the German Lines?

20181219_125549.jpg

Attachments

• 20181219_125509.jpg
    20181219_125509.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom