New Hampshire!!

I'M looking for some red laced blue wyandottes and some australorp eggs. White or choc muscovy chick or Pekin hens. NO malesIf you live in Northern NH please PM me to see what we could do.

And another again today. I'm loving the color - now to figure out who is laying these.... Wish it were warmer and I could separate them out but all the other pens are snowed in.

~~Greetings! For any in the mood for some chicken talk, Rochester Blue Seal is hosting a chicken soiree this Thursday evening starting at 6:30. NHPFA Secretary Joseph Marquette will be speaking about Exhibition Poultry in NH, and Jason Harris, BS regional manager, will be presenting on chicken health. After presentations, there will be a period for Q & A's and other chicken chat. The event is being held at the VFW. There's a bar and give-aways. For more info call Blue Seal @ 603-332-4122 . https://www.facebook.com/rochester.blueseal/about

Hi all,

Thought I'd post this here, in case anyone can help out!

The Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) is a raptor rehabilitation center in Quechee, VT. They take in hawks, eagles, owls, falcons, etc. that have been injured (usually through interactions with humans, like car accidents or gunshot wounds) and take care of them until they are able to return to the wild. The few that are too badly injured to be released again become permanent residents at VINS. As you can imagine, feeding the raptors can be expensive. VINS relies partly on donations of live animals like chickens and rabbits from community farmers and breeders in order to feed the raptors. I often take my extra roosters to VINS as donations for the raptors. The donated animals die a humane death (they are euthanized in a CO2 chamber - they do NOT get fed to the raptors while still alive) and you get a form that declares the animals a charitable donation, if you would like to deduct it on your taxes.

Well, Sara at VINS emailed me today to ask if I had any chickens available because they are desperately low on food for the raptors right now. I will be taking her whatever extra I have, but I also offered to post here on BYC about their need, in case anyone else would like to help. Personally, I find it very helpful sometimes to be able to take my extra birds to VINS. I know that many of you would never dream of eating your chickens, but I also know many of you are breeders like me, and you probably are all too familiar with having too many extra roosters around, or old hens that should be retired. Yes, I can always process extra roosters myself, and I do when I can. But sometimes it's just easier to take them to VINS, and I know the raptors always need to eat! If you have any extra birds (or rabbits - I know many of you breed rabbits as well!) that you could share with VINS, Sara would love to hear from you right away.

Here are their only requirements:
No sick birds, no internal/external parasites
No medicated birds (including medicated feed like chick starter)

If you can help, or if you have any questions, please email Sara at [email protected] and she can arrange a time for you to drop of donations! Thanks!

~~Greetings! For any in the mood for some chicken talk, Rochester Blue Seal is hosting a chicken soiree this Thursday evening starting at 6:30. NHPFA Secretary Joseph Marquette will be speaking about Exhibition Poultry in NH, and Jason Harris, BS regional manager, will be presenting on chicken health. After presentations, there will be a period for Q & A's and other chicken chat. The event is being held at the VFW. There's a bar and give-aways. For more info call Blue Seal @ 603-332-4122 . https://www.facebook.com/rochester.blueseal/about
Darn, that's what I get for not checking in on this thread enough
sad.png
I misses it
hmm.png
Guess I better step up my game and be here more.

I have some lovely boys, free to a good home. Located near Claremont, NH.

~ Partridge Cochin
~ Barred Olive Egger
~ Barred Easter Egger / Ameraucana
~ Porcelain D'Uccle
~ Silver Laced Wyandotte

Looking to re-home our one year old Silkie Roo. He's very good at his job, tends to the hens, calls them for treats, good fertility rate and even covering some of the bigger hens (he is very ambitious). This summer we hatched out a few clutches of eggs and sold the chicks locally and I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would. We live in a small neighborhood and I think the crowing has lost it's country feel for the neighbors. He's free of course; available for pick up in the Manchester, NH area.

Back
Top Bottom