New Hampshire!

Pics
Thank you! I found the skull in the woods. I think it's a raccoon but I'm not sure.
awesome- me and my husband were walking in the woods behind our house when we first moved in and we found a bunch of misc. bones- we found a lot of spine pieces and a jaw but not a complete skull- ever since then we have been hooked lol. my mom goes mining (yes with a pickaxe lol) and she brings back whatever bones she finds so we now have a raccoon skull, and she bought us a coyote skull for christmas. we even got dermestid beetles and have made a few skulls of our own (donated from different craigslist people who have found roadkill) i really want to get into re-articulation so i can put a whole skeleton back together - kind of like taxidermy, but I haven't been able to find a good candidate since most roadkill is not in the best shape as far as the skeleton goes (and i cant bring myself to do a pet or anything)
sorry to all the people who think it is weird lol I just think it is very cool to actually see the bones and figure out how they went together again... probably didn't get enough biology in highschool.

oh and I have chicks available too- i wanted a few specific breeds so i bought a lot of hatching eggs and now i have WAAAY to many chicks. I still have to figure out which ones I am keeping but I will have a bunch available. silkie cross, cochins, frizzle cochins, ga noi, barnyard mix, islandic, ameraucana, bielefelder, white faced black spanish and probably some silkie showgirls depending on how many hatch out. not sure on price- whatever the going rate is i suppose. the ga noi and bielefelders will cost more since they are pretty rare. some are a week old now and some are a few months.

awesome- me and my husband were walking in the woods behind our house when we first moved in and we found a bunch of misc. bones- we found a lot of spine pieces and a jaw but not a complete skull- ever since then we have been hooked lol. my mom goes mining (yes with a pickaxe lol) and she brings back whatever bones she finds so we now have a raccoon skull, and she bought us a coyote skull for christmas. we even got dermestid beetles and have made a few skulls of our own (donated from different craigslist people who have found roadkill) i really want to get into re-articulation so i can put a whole skeleton back together - kind of like taxidermy, but I haven't been able to find a good candidate since most roadkill is not in the best shape as far as the skeleton goes (and i cant bring myself to do a pet or anything)
sorry to all the people who think it is weird lol I just think it is very cool to actually see the bones and figure out how they went together again... probably didn't get enough biology in highschool.

I don't think that's weird at all! I think it's great. My boyfriend and I found a complete bull skull in the middle of NOWHERE in the woods. It was in perfect condition once we dug it up. He stumbled upon the tip of the horn sticking out of the ground and we had no idea it was going to be something so amazing!

Where does your mom go mining? I've always wanted to do that.

Where does your mom go mining? I've always wanted to do that.
all around- she mostly goes to local mines in vt/nh/maine but i know she takes trips to other places if she is looking for something specific. http://www.keenemineralclub.50webs.com/#welcome here is a link to the mining club she is treasurer for. not sure if she found this mineral and then cut it or if she bought the rough stone and cut it but I know my mom cut this gem, super cool either way. i have seen the rough stone before she cuts it and you would not believe what you can turn it into!

Does anyone have chicks available in the area between Nashua and Peterborough or know someone reputable I could buy from? I'd like to buy local-ish so that I can ask questions in person. I will probably go to the next chicken swap in Milford. What do you need to bring to buy chickens? What are the basic supplies I need to have ready?

Hi, I'm new to BYC :) and I just spotted you as a fairly close neighbor!
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom