NEW INDEX..CHICKEN OWNER BEHAVIORS???

Quote:
we are a hilarious group of chicken lovers. What do you think?

About all I can say is...

Welcome to the Madness, Emily (as opposed to Welcome to the Dark side, we have chocolate or cookies)!!!
hugs.gif

Dawn​

Quote:
we are a hilarious group of chicken lovers. What do you think?

About all I can say is...

Welcome to the Madness, Emily (as opposed to Welcome to the Dark side, we have chocolate or cookies)!!!
hugs.gif

Dawn​

Thanks for the love! You are reading a post from a HAPPY chicken owner!....Not falling for no banana in the tailpipe!

Quote:
wait, he's up here fishing? fishing for what, herring? salmon doesn't open for another couple of months. cod maybe? sol? is he just doing some work for the skipper before the season? XD if he's here in Dillingham he might see me and my roo at the harbor
lol.png
i've leash trained one of them and he just loves going to the harbor during fishing season.

my friends think im crazy. i'm constantly incubating eggs. if i end up with too many chicks my friend at the petting zoo buys them from me. she spoils them almost as much as i do
smile.png

I just love your comments. He is one of the few that does both...commercial and sport. He herring fishes...long lines, ...you name it.

He just spent 2 months up there king crabbing. Just lovely for the wife....right? And he owns a charter boat. He has lived up there for 20 years. He has lived in Sitka fishing, bear guiding, crab fishing......He's one of the few that crosses the line between commercial and sport. How about you? He hasn't seen you post lately, but you were one of the first he saw and was VERY curious about chicken raising up there because we are quite certain we'll end up in Sitka. Thank you so much for your interest!

sitka is BEAUTIFUL!!! they have very mild weather compared to the rest of Alaska. you're chickens would love it there! lots of yummy fireweed blooms and nice tall grass. if you do move to Alaska, you will love it. especially in the southeast region, it's gorgeous. if you have kids, there is a fine arts school there, too. XD lots of good things in sitka
smile.png

I'm right there with you guys. Always on CL and BYC (mostly lurking) DH is worse than I am. We started last year with 7 "mutts" and a roo. A friend dropped off 2 more hens. We've lost 3 over the year but are up to 71 (need to change my siggy). At least for about another hour. When DH picks up 4 more RIR that a guy bought and is now moving and can't take. They're 3 weeks old. I have 8 in a field with my goats and they are the most fun because they fly up on the goat backs to hitch a ride.

I'm as myotonic goat crazy as I am chicken crazy. Or I guess I'm just crazy period.
wee.gif
This little guy is what I feel like most days.

ô ♫ I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane ♫♫ ô

lol.png
I sat in the radiology waiting room at our local hospital waiting for my son's appointment and discussed chickens with the other people there waiting for their appointments. Most seemed intrigued!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom