New Jersey

This thread has become a bit confusing and people's posts are getting lost because there is a 1:1 conversation going on. Is there anyway that can be moved to a personal messaging? I keep getting notices for all those responses.
To the person looking for eggs in New Jersey to eat. Try looking up Flowering Pear Poultry on Facebook. She is in south jersey

Last edited:
This thread has become a bit confusing and people's posts are getting lost because there is a 1:1 conversation going on. Is there anyway that can be moved to a personal messaging? I keep getting notices for all those responses.
To the person looking for eggs in New Jersey to eat. Try looking up Flowering Pear Poultry on Facebook. She is in south jersey
Maryellen and I can move our conversation to texting, but it has never been a problem before in here when people wanted to carry on a conversation. You can also set your subscription to daily or email only... Frankly, this thread has been so dead the past few months...

Any suggestions appreciated. Hubby is almost done with the coop. Would like to get chickens old enough to go straight into coop the first week of April. Looking at either 8 week old or 12 week old hens. I want them young enough to grow up with my kids but old enough to withstand crazy NJ temps.
Welcome! What town are you in? Also, if you can wait the Sussex County Poultry Fanciers spring show is coming up and there is a sales area there where you can usually buy some started pullets. What breed are you looking for?

I have a friend in Holmdel who is looking for farm fresh eggs. I'm in MO and have no idea of NJ geography, so posting here. If you're nearby, sell eggs for eating, I'd LOVE to hear from you. She's getting so desperate she's wanting me to ship her quite a few to freeze and keep, and my girls just aren't producing fast enough. LOL!!!!

Would love to connect her locally. Thanks!
@mame1616 Mary, isn't Holmdel down in your neck of the woods?

Anyone know where I can get two Silkie girls? I'm in Northern NJ.

There are always Silkies available in the sales area of the Sussex Poultry show. It is in May in Augusta NJ.
I have a few roosters in need of a new home. I'm in jackson. They are speckled sussex about 10 months old.
You can also sell roosters in the sales area. The sales cages are $4. I have never had a problem selling my roosters there, although you need to be mindful of who you are selling to (I think there are several folks there picking up extra males for processing). If you set the price around $10 they will probably not be purchased for eating.

Back
Top Bottom