New Jersey

Hi All!

I'm new to the chicken world and am in Jersey City! I was recently able to incubate and hatch a single Wheaton Ameraucana and am looking for more so s/he isn't lonely. I had the hatching eggs shipped from Portland, but would prefer to stay local. Seems this chicken is in short supply. Any ideas on where I might pick up this breed (any color)?

We chose Ameraucana's as they are reputed to be quiet and docile and has the colorful blue eggs. We can't have roosters, too urban and the chickens will be raised as pets and well-cared for.

Hi All!

I'm new to the chicken world and am in Jersey City! I was recently able to incubate and hatch a single Wheaton Ameraucana and am looking for more so s/he isn't lonely. I had the hatching eggs shipped from Portland, but would prefer to stay local. Seems this chicken is in short supply. Any ideas on where I might pick up this breed (any color)?

We chose Ameraucana's as they are reputed to be quiet and docile and has the colorful blue eggs. We can't have roosters, too urban and the chickens will be raised as pets and well-cared for.

I have lots of EE's but only have straight run (unsexed) chicks currently. They aren't Ameraucanas but I do have some Wheaten Ameraucana hens, so some are at least half Ameraucana. I have some chicks that just hatched on Friday.

You can also find chicks at Tractor Supply this time of year - they may or may not be sexed and wouldn't be Ameraucanas (they only have EE's, even if they're labeled as Ameraucanas) but at least your chick would have company.

Post deleted.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Hello- I'm from Jackson NJ - my wife and I would like to start raising chickens but we can not find a place to buy them! Any ideas on where we can get a few ?? Thanks

welcome-byc.gif

Hi~
I'm in Jackson, too! I have some sex-linked females that are about 4 weeks old for sale. I'll also have some Americana females for sale in about a week or so.
I'll send you a private message.

I wanted to pass this on to everyone! This will be a great lecture for anyone especially if you're new or looking to get into raising chickens. It's completely free and open to the public- whether you're a client or not. If you'd like more information, please PM me

Back
Top Bottom