New Jersey

Holmdel is right next door to me. Tell your friend that the farm near the Parkway South exit usually has eggs in the warm weather. There's also a farm on Rt. 34 N, on the corner of Willow Brook Rd., that has a large flock of free-ranging birds. They also sell fresh lamb. (Look for the sign.) She can also call Delicious Orchards and ask if they have local eggs. There are also various farm stands and markets to check out. The rest of the places I can't remember until I see the signs go up in the spring. Because I already have eggs, I don't pay attention. I get eggs in the spring, but I don't think they're enough for a regular supply, though she can contact me: [email protected].

There are always Silkies available in the sales area of the Sussex Poultry show. It is in May in Augusta NJ. 
You can also sell roosters in the sales area. The sales cages are $4. I have never had a problem selling my roosters there, although you need to be mindful of who you are selling to (I think there are several folks there picking up extra males for processing). If you set the price around $10 they will probably not be purchased for eating. 

Thank you

Im fifteen and money is tight. Does anyone have an old coop and run or a rabbit hutch for Looking for affordable chicken coop for about 4-6 birds and a rabbit hutch/quail coop. Anyone have a used one?

Hi Jersey Hen. Thank you for replying. I actually went to Jersey Chickens to talk to them and ended up bringing home our first 4 chicks. They are 5 weeks old now. Hoping the weather warms up a bit so they can go out in their new coop. We have a barred rock, jersey black, light Brahma and a buff Orphington.

Last edited:
Does anyone have coturnix hens for sale? I am also looking for a chukar cock and a few hens. I am in Sussex county and can wait until the show if you are traveling up this way.

I don't know if you would be interested in these, but I have coturnix chicks that were hatched on 3/17. They are $3 each - straight run.
I'm located in Jackson.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom