New Jersey

Jerseyhen, do you have any dark brahma hatching eggs for sale??? I am in Hunterdon County.
smile.png
I will probably have eggs available in a few months (probably ready by the time the spring sussex show happens). I need to get the new breeding pens set up for them. I am not NPIP though, not yet anyway.

Quote:
What did you order? Was thinking maybe of getting a hovabator
I got the hovabator genesis 1588 package from GQF with the auto turner universal egg rack and quail rails. It also comes with 30 bobwhite eggs for about 200
https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66

I will probably have eggs available in a few months (probably ready by the time the spring sussex show happens). I need to get the new breeding pens set up for them. I am not NPIP though, not yet anyway.

Quote:
I got the hovabator genesis 1588 package from GQF with the auto turner universal egg rack and quail rails. It also comes with 30 bobwhite eggs for about 200
https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66

Same one I was thinking of.

I was back and forth about his one or the brinsea octagon eco with the turner (about 200 was my budget), but it is smaller and it doesn't have a digital readout. I don't really want to be futzing with a bunch of extra thermometers and hydrometers (one maybe). So, this is the one (genesis) I chose. I wish it wasn't styrofoam (it would be better if it had a plastic coating over the styrofoam), but it will be gently handled and stored and besides being a bit more challenging to clean it shouldn't be too bad. I have some friends that have it and love it. I have friends that love the brinsea too, but I couldn't justify the extra 150 for the octagon advanced

Last edited:
I was back and forth about his one or the brinsea octagon eco with the turner (about 200 was my budget), but it is smaller and it doesn't have a digital readout. I don't really want to be futzing with a bunch of extra thermometers and hydrometers (one maybe). So, this is the one I chose. I wish it wasn't styrofoam (it would be better if it had a plastic coating over the styrofoam), but it will be gently handled and stored and besides being a bit more challenging to clean it shouldn't be too bad. I have some friends that have it and love it. I have friends that love the brinsea too, but I couldn't justify the extra 150 for the octagon advanced

I would like the brinsea also. I have to wait a bit still. And yes it would be nice if it was covered by something to protect the styrofoam better.

So I have a dumb question to ask-

I would love to get an incubator and hatch eggs this spring. What do you do with the roos that you hatch and in your past experiences, what would you guess the ratio to male:female eggs are?

Last edited:
Only four:( i have 5 now. It's just so hard because there are so many cool breeds out there!!! I thought my kids (ok, me really) would get a kick out of hatching and selling them. My hopes would be that no one would buy them and i'd have to keep them.

Back
Top Bottom