New Jersey

That's not tooo bad. Maybe a little over an hour. Does he have a website? You coops are awesome!
What did he charge if you don't mind me asking.....

No website but if you look on craigslist in the jersey shore area he'll have a listing up for a chicken coop. Currently the one he has on there is for 1850 (wall, nj) and is very similar to mine. Usually he just posts one or two that he recently made for advertisement purposes but custom makes them based on input. For example the two he made me he had never made that particular style but took my thoughts and ran w them. My smaller coop was $900. He uses all quality construction, and adds extras if you like (good shingles, electric) which could be axed if price is an issue.

Edited to add: The only thing I do is re-inforce the windows with hardware cloth (he uses chicken wire) and add latches that can lock with a padlock.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have a Toulouse male goose I'm looking to find a home for. He's very sweet, although somewhat timid. Pretty quiet as far as geese go and gets along well with chickens. His friend died about a year ago but he was getting along well before he decided to start picking on my one rooster. So between that and myself being away at school, I decided to try and rehome him. I was wondering if anyone might be interested. His name is Gouda :)

He is located in warren county.

I'm in Jersey!!! I'm in North Plainfield--at the crux of Somerset, Union and Middlesex counties (seriously, we touch every one of them). It's about an hour outside of NYC by bus/train.

We actually have chickens here and there because alot of the latino immigrants keep them. So people around here know what chickens ARE, but they find it odd that I'm not a latino, don't live in a high latino area, and would consider keeping chickens.
old.gif

LOVE YOUR AVATAR allig8r !!!!!!! so cool...
wink.png

He's probably about middle aged for a goose. Maybe seven years old. I can't remember when exactly I got him, but I've had him since he was a few days old. I got him from cackle.

Last edited:
Im in hunderdon county. The tractor supply store in flemington sells them. Also the feed store in sergeantsville. Im building my chickens a new coop come spring. I got many books with coop plans from the hunderdon library. If you can use a hammer and have time, some books have really easy plans. Good luck!

There are coops for sale on Rt. 31 in Washington right past the A&P!

My chicks hatched this weekend and I forget who it was here that wanted a couple bantam cochins! I hatched 11. Let me know if you want to meet in Tewks to pick a couple up. PM me and I will see it faster than checking here! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom