New Jersey

Evies Hot chicks in Moorestown has nice BBS as well. I have their chicks (and the rooster was beautiful), which is why I am looking for another breeder with different lines.

Tom Kernan has great birds. I'd never hesitate to buy from him.( Although, when I saw him at the Delmarva Show a couple of weekends ago, I only saw him loading Sumatras on his trailer.) Best call and ask. If he doesn't have any, he can probably direct you to someone who does.

There's usually some Ameraucana breeders at the Sussex show. May 16 this year.

Kristine, and everyone else, unless you know the birds personally, or get a reliable recommendation from someone, the eggs advertised on eBay are rarely SQ. The breeders with birds of that quality usually have a waiting list for their eggs.

Hello nj friends. So today i drove 1 hr to Tractor supply store in Flanders NJ with my 4 yr old. They had super cheap prices but super rude employees. As soon as i walked in i felt like i was being watched, took 5 minutes to find a shopping cart. When i asked someone to help find non medicated chick start and grow, he was so annoyed. He pointed to a bag and walked away. I started reading the bag, only to find it was the wrong item. So i started looking for what i wanted and eventually found it. I honestly felt so uncomfortable i grabbed the feed paid and left.... I had a whole list of things i needed. Next time Ill just go to Mikes Feed store and pay a few $ more. I learned a lesson today, Ill be willing to pay more from some customer service and respect.
Has anyone been there before and experienced this? or was it just me?

Sorry your TSC is run that way. The one near me in Bridgeton/Upper Deerfield is the best! They are very nice and always try to show me new things and where the chicken stuff is. I like to bring my dog in there, but he hates it! He tries to hide behind the cart and the employees always talk nice to him and give him treats. (even tho he won't take them). I would call HQ and tell them how you felt and why you won't go back.

Sorry your TSC is run that way. The one near me in Bridgeton/Upper Deerfield is the best! They are very nice and always try to show me new things and where the chicken stuff is. I like to bring my dog in there, but he hates it! He tries to hide behind the cart and the employees always talk nice to him and give him treats. (even tho he won't take them). I would call HQ and tell them how you felt and why you won't go back.

Thank you for the advice. Consider yourself lucky! I wish I was closer to a better store. Mikes feed is about 30 mins from me, but they have the best employees. They are super helpful, and even carry my stuff out to my car. So that will officially be my go to store from now on!!

Back
Top Bottom