New Jersey

South Jersey, Gloucester County here! Brand new at this- have 4 chickens (2 Barred Rock & 2 Buff Orphingtons, just 10 weeks old or so..)
welcome-byc.gif

I have a friend in Holmdel who is looking for farm fresh eggs. I'm in MO and have no idea of NJ geography, so posting here. If you're nearby, sell eggs for eating, I'd LOVE to hear from you. She's getting so desperate she's wanting me to ship her quite a few to freeze and keep, and my girls just aren't producing fast enough. LOL!!!! 

Would love to connect her locally. Thanks!

I have plenty of eggs for sale. I'm located in Marlboro near rt. 9. My Email is [email protected]. I can give her my exact location.

I have 3 young Black Copper Marans rooster in Salem County than I'd like to offer for sale. They were hatched March 27, 2016. I got a straight run of 6 and 4 were roosters and 1 hen died. (Just my luck). I'd like to keep 1 rooster. My daughter wants me to butcher the others when they are old enough but this breed is a beautiful bird and seem kinda hard to get ahold of so I rather sell them to someone. Asking $18 each. I got them from a person who said they are a mix of Little Peddler and Bev Davis lines that she has been breeding toward dark egg color. They feathered fast and seem to be growing quickly. They are very calm at this age, especially since I have older birds around with them. This app doesn't let my phone upload pics but I can text a few pics to anyone interested. Send me a private message and I will text the pics I have (not many, they don't stay still long).

Hello- I'm from Jackson NJ - my wife and I would like to start raising chickens but we can not find a place to buy them! Any ideas on where we can get a few ?? Thanks

Hi all! New Egypt here! There are a couple places near Jackson. I get my chicks from Bohonyi Agway, New Egypt (they have changed their name to Animals & Gardens Unite or something like that!). I have noticed that TSC in Allentown have chicks and there's also Rick's Saddle Shop on 539 in Cream Ridge. I like the Agway because the employees are all local people from our local farms and they are very knowledgeable about chickens and are more than happy to help. Hope this information hasn't come too late to help you!
yippiechickie.gif

That New Egypt Agway is a good store, I have been in there for supplies.

Here's their link for chicks, just in case anybody wants it:
http://animalsandgardensunlimited.com/chicks

We got ours from these folks in Jackson. All 9 of our chicks have been very healthy and have nice temperaments.
http://www.jerseychickens.com/

We live a block down from that Agway so we go there a lot! I never knew about the Jersey Chickens, in Jackson. When we go for more babies, we are going to have to take a little trip there!!!

It is time to reduce the number of males in my pens. Someone once mentioned a processor in the northern NJ area, but I can no longer remember who/where that information is. Do any of you know of a processor in the sussex county area?

Back
Top Bottom