New Jersey

Pics
Quote:
sad.png
Darn I've been wanting Delawares, but I can't have any more roosters as I already have 8 now
th.gif
Good luck with finding them homes. The Pendescenas we got from you turned out to be 3 boys and 3 girls. We kept a trio and gave the others to our 4-H friends.

Andrea

I am going to try my hand at incubating in the spring, or if you want I will give you eggs for a 4H project. The birds now are only 14 wks. Just something for you to keep in mind.

Hey guys. I'm quite sad to let you know that I have to get rid of almost all of my chickens. Almost all are laying and the few that are not laying should be laying shortly. Photos of each chicken are available on request. The two groups of adult chickens that live here on the farm have separate living quarters but do free range with one another during the day. As a result of the separate coops - there is definitely two flocks that get along - so if you are interested in more than one chicken, choosing from each flock will help you have chickens that are already best friends.

I have:

6 Polish chicks. They are able to fly out of the brooder. They are straight run and hatched by me. They are still in their brooder and eating chick starter.

Group one is slightly older than group two. All of the female chickens are laying.
1 Rooster - New Hampshire Red. Under a year old. Mating with the ladies and crowing.
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte (who had a cut under her wing that she is recovering from very well)
1 Buff Orpington
1 White Leghorn
1 Cherry Egger
1 Black Australorp
1 Mille Fleur D'Uccle Bantam

Group two is slightly younger than group one. As a result, not all of the ladies are laying yet but should be shortly. They are all females.
2 Easter Eggers. One is more brown tones, but beautiful contrast and the other has blue contrast. (Not laying yet.)
1 Golden Laced Wyandotte (Not laying yet.)
1 Barred Rock (Just started laying)
1 White Rock (Just started laying)
1 Jersey Giant (Just started laying)
1 Red Comet (Laying large eggs - surprisingly for a pullet)
1 Rhode Island Red (Not laying yet)

Also is one VERY SPECIAL 3 year old barred rock female who still lays daily. I aquired her from a farmer who was selling her for food. She is the most amazing chicken I have and will try and keep her if at all possible. Even when she stops laying, I would hope to keep her as a pet because she's really that amazing.

Unfortunately, my living situation will be changing due to family issues. It is VERY hard for me to get rid of these chickens, but it is necessary. On top of the family issues, I recently lost my job and it's compounding matters.

If you are able to take some or all of the chickens, I would be most grateful. If I know that they are going to a good home, there will not be a fee. Please feel free to tell your friends about this or repost. Thanks.

Annie

Last edited:
Thank you so much, CB. I had a nice family today come and take three of the polish chicks. I have an add up for them on CL for $10 a piece, so that was nice. We're looking to move where we can keep some of the chickens....so I'd like to see how that pans out. I have a feeling that I'll still need to rehome at least 8 of them in addition to the remaining 3 Polish babies.

we actually had one of our birds pass overnight and my wife really wants to replace it. what part of jersey are you in and how much would you want per bird? i think she want the white rock

Last edited:
Is anyone from Manville? We had occassion to go through there this afternoon.
th.gif
The devastation is reminiscent of New Orleans after Katrina. I have lived in the area for 70 years and can not remember flooding anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom