New Mexico

No kidding! And I was in a basement trying to clean up an office no one's been in for 17 years. No A/C 😭 !!! But, knocked it out in the morning at least before it got too dang hot.
Is it cooling down up there yet tonight? I'm about to turn off the AC, the blazing sun is finally behind the hills out back!

Nah, we're so flat we have the full complement of the sun's fury. It's down to like... 100? I need to start working on my windbreak! Maybe bring in some more shade cloth.
100?! That's brutal! I'd melt in that heat. :lol: It was 85 down here in the South Central Mountains, for us it feels like a blast furnace. We are down to 70 now.

SO unfair! I'm moving to the mountains!

It's not usual for it to get this hot. Usually we don't break 100. But it'll dip back to 70 when the sun goes to bed.

Tomorrow we're expected to get up to 105...
You should move up in altitude! East mountains, Red River? Definitely cooler as you climb higher.

Yes we usually don't see this kind of heat either, 80 is usually as high as it gets. They are talking 90 tomorrow or the next, way too hot for our forests.

Are you able to sleep in ok in the heat? It's not too bad here. Oh we had a bear on the porch early this morning, had to run him off before he trashed my hummingbird feeders!

I've given Ruidoso some serious consideration... But, the heat is temporary and I love it out here!
It's nice up here weather wise, winter is tolerable as well. Ruidoso has become a tourist hot spot over the past few decades, it's starting to drive us nuts. :lol: SO busy for such a small town. We'd like to move to northern NM near Abiquiu or Chama.

Are you in the Eastern plains?

It's nice up here weather wise, winter is tolerable as well. Ruidoso has become a tourist hot spot over the past few decades, it's starting to drive us nuts. :lol: SO busy for such a small town. We'd like to move to northern NM near Abiquiu or Chama.

Are you in the Eastern plains?
Oh, really? It's been some while since I've been out there. I kinda like my rural quiet. I mean, besides the rooster making a ruckus.

Yep, I'm near Tucumcari. I've got some friends by Las Vegas, NM, so I thought about heading up there, too. But, yeah, I mean, I'm surrounded on all 4 sides by ranchland, and have no neighbors. I really like that. Sure is flat, though, haha.

Oh, really? It's been some while since I've been out there. I kinda like my rural quiet. I mean, besides the rooster making a ruckus.

Yep, I'm near Tucumcari. I've got some friends by Las Vegas, NM, so I thought about heading up there, too. But, yeah, I mean, I'm surrounded on all 4 sides by ranchland, and have no neighbors. I really like that. Sure is flat, though, haha.
We have driven through your area, love the open spaces! Always nice to have peace and quiet, nothing beats isolation. Thankfully we aren't in Ruidoso, we are closer to Alto, we've got a quiet isolated little place in a valley all to ourselves. It's the working and shopping in Ruidoso that's driving us crazy. :D When ever you get the itch to move, think long and hard before giving up your isolation, it's hard to find in this day and age!

Back
Top Bottom