New Mexico

Quote:
Not me I'm not advanced enough in chicken-dom for showing anything, or rather for knowing what can or should be shown. Plus all I have right now are Black Copper Marans, a couple easter eggers, and 14 baby Swedish Flower Hens. I guess I could show the BCMs but SFHs are a landrace breed and the EEs are mutts.

However, I really love to hear about shows and see pics from them- a vicarious pleasure. It would be swell if you'd give us a report and maybe post some pics of your birds.

The show is limited to 2800 birds
ep.gif
I hope to meet a bunch of people I have only known through email and forum talk. I will try for pics, but things may be a bit hectic.

Quote:
Not me I'm not advanced enough in chicken-dom for showing anything, or rather for knowing what can or should be shown. Plus all I have right now are Black Copper Marans, a couple easter eggers, and 14 baby Swedish Flower Hens. I guess I could show the BCMs but SFHs are a landrace breed and the EEs are mutts.

However, I really love to hear about shows and see pics from them- a vicarious pleasure. It would be swell if you'd give us a report and maybe post some pics of your birds.

The show is limited to 2800 birds
ep.gif
I hope to meet a bunch of people I have only known through email and forum talk. I will try for pics, but things may be a bit hectic.

Well have a great time and do let us know how it goes!
smile.png

So how is everyone surviving this past storm. My 7 have been well. They do not like the snow and so have been staying in their little coop most of the time. I did go out and clear off the ground around the coop, expecially by the door so that they would come out. Luckily under their coop is pretty clear and I have put their water and food under there. They also have a small water and food in their coop but they make such a mess of that.
I closed the coop door for the last several nights but think that it will warm up enough tomorrow that I will leave the door open.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here in Las Cruces all is well. My four girls and one boy outside are doing fine- coop is fairly warm because we put a heat lamp out there. Boy soon to be rehomed though as he has become an attack chicken (his name is Jean Claude, as in Van Damme). All fourteen of my Swedish Flower Hen chicks are doing great in a big box in my kid's room. I didn't go to work yesterday so I put out extra scratch and was able to check the water on the outside crew.

Keep warm!

Anyone here have any French Black Copper Marans or Lavender Oprs? I posted earlier this year and I know someone mentioned they did but haven't been able to contact them. Thanks

Quote:
I have two French BCM hens and one roo. Rooster is handsome but too aggressive for my tastes so we are re-homing to my husband's coworker- if I had seen your post earlier I would have offered him to you (assuming that is why you ask). I got the eggs in the mail from Chickenscratch Poultry- not too expensive, really. Four out of the seven hatched.

Ours are doing ok without supplemental heat- I wanted to make sure they got their fat layer and got acclimated in the event we lost power or something. They were not real happy on the really cold/snowy days, but they seem to be adjusting to the temps. We do close the pop door every night; the few times we've accidently left it open, they let us know in the morning.
lol.png

Quote:
Merry Christmas to all the poultry loving New Mexicans.

Yes, Merry Christmas everyone!

Below are photos of my Swedish Flower Hens, developing nicely at the age of one month:

90570_sfh_december_25_2011_004.jpg

90570_sfh_december_25_2011_005.jpg

90570_sfh_december_25_2011_003.jpg

90570_sfh_december_25_2011_002.jpg

I will have to rehome some of them. I ordered six and got fourteen. Once they are older and we know the genders let me know if you are interested.

God Bless you and your families!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom