New Opportunities for Gamefowl

Hello fellow Californian, I live in Norco, not to far from you...

I really like this idea too, but I think you could still get in legal trouble doing it this way. Which is a shame because humans do it for fun, exercise, self defense and the good ones do it profesionally. I guess the difference is that humans can willingly consent.

There was even a guy (in the phillipines I think) who came up with an electronic glove that would tally points for each successful hit. and it made a specific noise for each bird when a point was scored... I will try to find link.
Hello JShubin, I was thinking the same thing about humans practicing full contact sports. Just like centrarchid said It would have to be a dummy. maybe add censors to the dummy that would detect power, speed and accuracy. the problem would be money to develop a fighting dummy.

It would be like tai chuan do for roosters, Its so crazy it might work
lol.png

Last edited:
There have ben court cases that have listed rooster dummies as paraphernalia. Care would have be taken to avoid breaking the law,. or what is perceived as the law. I'm thinking hawk dummy. The sensor idea is great.

Hawk dummy could work but if they go after it like they do the real thing then attack would be decidedly odd looking after seeing them scrap with another rooster. Mine hunker down like a broody hen and are all about attacking from rear and make a lot more noise with cackling and all sorts of sounds.

Make a hawk dummy and prescribe its purpose for testing the defensive/protective ability of our birds. Put sensors in it for measuring abilities. It can look chicken enough to provide accurate results, just has to be suspended right, not laying on the ground.
But really I can't imagine getting in trouble for a chicken dummy, I mean, I've seen chicken stuffed-animals. Why don't they get censored. Because it's the purpose that matters, and our's is not for cockfighting, so should be fine. And the chickens give their consent by not running away.

In early stages of this you will need to keep things simple and possibly be concerned how birds respond to tests. Models of hawks need to be tested for design and how birds hit it. An obstacle course will be a big challenge and possibly more for the trainer than the bird which is good. I will be testing some dummies for fish soon so doing same for games should not be too difficult.

In early stages of this you will need to keep things simple and possibly be concerned how birds respond to tests. Models of hawks need to be tested for design and how birds hit it. An obstacle course will be a big challenge and possibly more for the trainer than the bird which is good. I will be testing some dummies for fish soon so doing same for games should not be too difficult.

Agree it would have to be simple until people started breeding towards this. Curious about something Centra, what do you mean fish dummy ?

Back
Top Bottom