New rollout nest design Picture heavy-edited 1/21

Pics
Opa, thanks for a great idea with he nest boxes. I built your six box design from the pics. When i got it done, i decided to measure the coop and realized it wouldn't fit. Oops. So I took it all apart and built two 2 hole boxes and put them in the coop. Did this on Saturday and on Sunday all the girls decided to lay on the floor where the old nest box was. Got alittle worried about if they would use the new boxes or not. Well when I got home this evening, I had 1 out of 7 eggs on the floor. The rest were in the new nest boxes. Hooray, they used them. Thanks for a great idea and pictures to help with building.

I've had numerous people tell me that I am a fool for starting this thread and for constantly emailing the plans for the 2 nest box to countless people. They claim I would have been much smarter to have offered the plans for sale. With the number for folks asking for the 2 nest plans pushing 300, even a nominal fee would start to be a considerable chunk of change.

However, reading posts like the above post from chicken dad convinces me that I am much richer for having gone the way I have. Glad I've been able to help some folks.

Last edited:
OPA. . . I didn't' follow your plans. . . but your idea! AND WOW I got my first to eggs today and it worked perfect! THANKS so much!
egg #1

egg #2. . . much smaller and not a smooth shell.

These are next to large store bought. . . .and these are not washed. . .

These are next to large store bought. . . .and these are not washed. . .

THANKS AGAIN!

God Bless
Mitch

I've had numerous people tell me that I am a fool for starting this thread and for constantly emailing the plans for the 2 nest box to countless people. They claim I would have been much smarter to have offered the plans for sale. With the number for folks asking for the 2 nest plans pushing 300, even a nominal fee would start to be a considerable chunk of change.

However, reading posts like the above post from chicken dad convinces me that I am much richer for having gone the way I have. Glad I've been able to help some folks.
Opa, you sent me the plans and I in turn, have shared them with others. What price could you put on the satisfaction of helping others? There are some things that have no price. You are so kind to open your heart to all of us.

love.gif
You are so sweet! Many people have benifited from your hard work.

The true measure of wealth isn't how much you gave but how much you given away.
I can't believe how much thought you've put into this! It's wonderful. I don't have the problems that caused you to build this but if I ever have to replace it this is the way I'm going. Bless you for sharing. You're the man!!!
thumbsup.gif
Sue (You still could sell the idea outside of BYC. A lot of people have chickens that don't belong to our forum, as unbelievable as it might seem, lol)

Back
Top Bottom