New York mini chickenstock 2016

Hi everyone, this is quite a drive for me (about 2.5 hours it looks like) but I would like to attend. I don't think I'll have anything to bring with me other than a dish to pass, unless someone would like our Rhodebar roo... He is rooster #2 and I don't have a separate breeding pen. And I could bring some honey, since hubby keeps bees.
I would bring along my daughters, 8 & 6, who may or may not be interested in playing with the boys.
tongue.png

I'd be interested in raspberry plants for sure, and any other fruit plants/trees, and does anyone do started heirloom tomato plants? Chicks and hatching eggs are tempting as well...

-Liz

I have a 9 year old daughter who would love to have other girls to play with. As for raspberries I will have them ready. If you have fresh honey available bring a few jars, never know who is looking for it.

Do any of you have a fear of large dogs or an alergy to dogs? I ask because I have 2. 1 roams our property and LOVES people, critters and kids. He's very loving and very safe. I also have a smaller dog who does not like people so he will not be allowed near anyone in May. He cute and funny as heck but he's odd. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Chicken girl !5. I would like to attend however, I have a Cocker Spaniel, Ridley that goes everywhere with me would it be okay with you if she comes with me. She is super friendly with people, dogs, cats, chickens... pretty much everything. :)

Chicken girl !5. I would like to attend however, I have a Cocker Spaniel, Ridley that goes everywhere with me would it be okay with you if she comes with me. She is super friendly with people, dogs, cats, chickens... pretty much everything. :)
let me talk to my other half and I will let you know. We have no fencing so she will need to be on a leash unless you want her running around with my rottweiler, he's fixed and super sweet, he roams the property behind us and there are predators.

let me talk to my other half and I will let you know. We have no fencing so she will need to be on a leash unless you want her running around with my rottweiler, he's fixed and super sweet, he roams the property behind us and there are predators.
Ridley is always leased and either held by myself or my husband. and of course we would pick up any poo she would make.

I will be excited to see your rottie. My girl I had before Ridley was a beautiful German Rott named Casey. I miss her everyday.

Last edited:
Ridley?? Are you by chance a fan of the Alien movies?! ( panting excitedly, tongue hanging out). I love those movies!

Chicken girl, I'm trying to get my sister and cousin to come with me in May. It will surely make the four hour drive more possible. And I would bring my two boys also, if I come. I'll let you know for sure closer to the date, if we're coming. And what we will be bringing to eat. I'm kinda excited
1f601.png

Ridley is always leased and either held by myself or my husband. and of course we would pick up any poo she would make. I will be excited to see your rottie. My girl I had before Ridley was a beautiful German Rott named Casey. I miss her everyday.
I love big breeds. I'm anything but gentle so I have to own a durable dog. Poor old guy (he's 13 this year) goes on 5 mile treks out back with me. He's a lover of anything alive. He even goes so far as to feed the skunks his dog food. He won't be on a leash but he is most likely not going to stay home most of the day. He will go visit all the neighbors and wildlife out back.

Ridley?? Are you by chance a fan of the Alien movies?! ( panting excitedly, tongue hanging out). I love those movies!

Chicken girl, I'm trying to get my sister and cousin to come with me in May. It will surely make the four hour drive more possible. And I would bring my two boys also, if I come. I'll let you know for sure closer to the date, if we're coming. And what we will be bringing to eat. I'm kinda excited
1f601.png
I'm not sure if I'm excited or terrified. . This is the first time I've had people over since I was in my mid 20's. I'm not anti social I'm anti drama and living in town it was always drama. Now it's all animal crap, figuratively and literally. Lol. Either going to get something for one animal or another or cleaning up after one. I love how animal people are so laid back.

Back
Top Bottom