New York mini chickenstock 2016

The Mullenaxs X2 Lisa & I hope to join you for the day. Some chicken related home decor from the woodshop for the raffle. We're new so we look forward to meeting you.

OK - as promised - some of you wanted lavender chickens - I call 'em grey. I have AB breed that lays medium sky blue eggs and the body type can be white, light or dark grey with splashes .... IF you terribly care about the grey color - I can make sure I gather only eggs from my two grey hens - and the too is grey -so the chances of grey peeps is pretty height - but you still may get a white splash.

Here is what the AB flock looks like (in smaller breeder pen now - but they free range with the whole flock most of the year)
Those are beautiful!!!
Is that an eggloo in the background? How do you like it?

Those are beautiful!!!
Is that an eggloo in the background? How do you like it?

I have a couple Eglus also. Right now each one is housing a broody. Also use them for bachelor pads or grow out pens. Love them. They aren't easy to move around though. The wire pen is really rough on the one, especially since hubby fell on it while trying to squeeze between the pen and wall. He reshaped it the best he could, so it keeps the hen and chicks in, but no longer predator safe. Picked up both of mine used in craigslist, two different styles.

I want grey feathers and blue eggs and super dark brown eggs and green eggs and the AB i need just so im not the only southerner here and and and !!!!! Not all in one chicken of course but you know what I mean. Oh my gracious. Just bring me 18 eggs and tell me what I owe you when you get here. Oh I want some of them all...

Don't worry about sorting into groups for me. Split them however is needed to fill orders of those who action know what they want.

Last edited:
I want grey feathers and blue eggs and super dark brown eggs and green eggs and the AB i need just so im not the only southerner here and and and !!!!! Not all in one chicken of course but you know what I mean. Oh my gracious. Just bring me 18 eggs and tell me what I owe you when you get here. Oh I want some of them all...

Don't worry about sorting into groups for me. Split them however is needed to fill orders of those who action know what they want.

ha ha you got it - a little of everything !

Yep - an eglu - expensive - but easy to clean and easy to access and predator proof - I use in the same way as L .... of course right now it is a "breeder" pen - but normally it will be for a broody or a chicken hospital. Integrating back into the mail flock seems to go so much better when they see each other like this.

I also got mine used ... they are WAY expensive - and not worth it if you want the eggs to at least pay for feed ... it would take about 75 years to make any profit to even make a dent in the egul cost if you got it new. But someone has to ! ha ha

Woohoo yippie! !! I'm starting to get excited. @Susieq2015 has a batch of eggs from my mixed up flock out back in her incubator. 9 more days and the little buggers should be ready for their close ups to be taken. I have the brooder in the corner of the barn all set up and waiting for its residents to move in. After I post pics would some of you try and help me figure out who is what please.

Roo's :
Gold spangled spitzhauben medium size
Silver spangled spitzhauben small
"Grey" (he's lavender) orpington, Bob is huge!!
All 3 boys are super sweet .

Hens:
5 black astrolorp good sized
5 white leghorn tiny
8 production reds or RIR I'm not real sure which. Medium size

Then once we have an idea what's what yall can decide if you will want any specific mix. I have 3 coops so I can split easy since only 1 coop is in use at the moment.

Woohoo yippie! !! I'm starting to get excited. @Susieq2015 has a batch of eggs from my mixed up flock out back in her incubator. 9 more days and the little buggers should be ready for their close ups to be taken. I have the brooder in the corner of the barn all set up and waiting for its residents to move in. After I post pics would some of you try and help me figure out who is what please.

Ooh the pressure is on! Naw Im getting excited for you too. Theres nothing like hatching from your own flock and I'm finding i can match up many of the babies with the mama hens just by being familiar with them.

I have a couple Eglus also. Right now each one is housing a broody. Also use them for bachelor pads or grow out pens. Love them. They aren't easy to move around though. The wire pen is really rough on the one, especially since hubby fell on it while trying to squeeze between the pen and wall. He reshaped it the best he could, so it keeps the hen and chicks in, but no longer predator safe. Picked up both of mine used in craigslist, two different styles.

ha ha you got it - a little of everything !

Yep - an eglu - expensive - but easy to clean and easy to access and predator proof - I use in the same way as L .... of course right now it is a "breeder" pen - but normally it will be for a broody or a chicken hospital. Integrating back into the mail flock seems to go so much better when they see each other like this.

I also got mine used ... they are WAY expensive - and not worth it if you want the eggs to at least pay for feed ... it would take about 75 years to make any profit to even make a dent in the egul cost if you got it new. But someone has to ! ha ha

I was mulling over them but i didn't know anyone who had them. So, I didn't make the investment. I will keep an eye out on Craigslist too.

If this blasted weather doesn't change we might have to rent a building to stay warm.

Sadly I think the only plant's I will have available will be my raspberries and black caps. Everything else I can't start yet as I have no space.

I will have eggs and chicks of varying ages. As well as started meaties, hopefully.

Our living area is a cross between a greenhouse and a hatchery! I have started seeds in a small portable greenhouse - it blew over in the wind, so it's inside now. The incubator is hummimg away in the other corner with your Millies' - hopefully!
fl.gif
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom