New York mini chickenstock 2016

Ok I'm off to start gathering parts for a coolerbator. I can find most of it from my barn and my neighbors barn. Be back in a bit.

List of things I have
Cooler
Fan
Light socket x 2
Insulation board
Wire
Thermostat
Cord for fan
Cord for lights

If I'm missing something let me know I will be back shortly.

See this is why I love this thread. I might have a free bator by days end.

Ok it's final! ! On the first I'm going and buying a Bator! !! Jon can be mad if he wants. Its so much less expensive to just replace my birds with more of my birds. Plus it's soooo much more fun. I can keep away from them little buggers. Don't worry about me if I go missing for a couple days at a time, I'm just stuck at the brooder teaching chicks that humans are good. This batch likes to crawl on my hands and walk around.

There are some really cool plans I found on here that teach you how to make your own incubator out of a cooler.

Yay! I should be able to make it!

I'll be bringing B/B/S, chocolate, chocolate cuckoo, and cuckoo orpington chicks (maybe a few started birds), and hatching eggs. I can also bring speckled sussex (if my rooster gets his "stuff" in order), easter eggers, and barn yard mixes.

I might have a few 1 year old orpington hens... need to go through the coops and see what I have.

Hi, there! I read that you said that you have no room to start seeds, but have you ever done this? Around April 15 is when I plant. Cheap and your only limit is outdoor sunny space. I wrote the article, so if you have questions, please ask! Doing a workshop this Saturday, too. Maybe it will help you out!

[COLOR=0066CC]http://www.hometalk.com/8466189/repurposed-milk-jug-greenhouses#lb-signup[/COLOR]

~Stacie
thank you very much. I have read about it and this year I'm doing something very similar. I'm using 5 gallon buckets, and any other container that I have that will work. NY does not have a long enough grow season for me. I think I'm going to take your milk jugs and use them for my daughter's floewrs.

Back
Top Bottom