New York mini chickenstock 2016

Gramma you got it ! all depends on whose doing what starting next week - 2 of my best Marans started to show signs of broody ! NOW !???
ep.gif

So I popped the worst one in a dog crate for a day - letting her out today to see if that works.

I want some spearmint !!!!

and maybe some of the flowers.

I've got some rooting powder - so if I have enough time - I may get some heritage lilacs ready - but no promises - I am so busy my head is spinning right now.

I'm bringing drinks too. I'll probably make chocolate chip crescent rolls or cookies.

I don't think I have anything to sell, but I won't know for sure until next week. My Sister-in-law is bringing Welsummer hatching eggs to sell if she has them. I will donate eggs to the raffle.

I'd like to donate money to chickengirl for the expenses not covered (garbage bags, set up and clean up).

I'm not sure yet what I'll be looking for either.

I can bring anything else that's needed too, chicken girl just let me know! I may have some silkie hatching eggs to donate but I can't say whether they're all fertile or not

Gramma I'd love some spearmint too!

I did a fertility check on the eggs - Marans 100% ! :) 6 out of 6 with bullseyes.

AB were 6 out of 8 .... so I'll make sure I give everyone an extra egg or two depending on how many I have - that way it should make up for any hen not pulling her weight.

Anyone have flowers started ? I'm looking for any white, yellow or orange flowers this year. Early to bud out - so not cosmos or late bloomers ... I've got those.

Did I Officially say Im Coming ? I need the address though
I can bring Hamburg ...3 -6 pounds ?

I will bring Spearmint Plants ( Organic ) I  havent used chemicals in the yard since chickens ...
Great for near coops and tea in the winter
Boskelli - ? The comfrey is Growing ..so I will bring you some .$5.00
I may have rose of sharon Baby Trees and some Lucifer Crocosmia - a bright red tall summer crocus 36- 42 " when grown

With Memorial Day coming up, Maines and other stores will have boxes of pre-made burger patties on sale.

Gramma you got it ! all depends on whose doing what starting next week - 2 of my best Marans started to show signs of broody ! NOW !???
ep.gif

So I popped the worst one in a dog crate for a day - letting her out today to see if that works.

I want some spearmint !!!!

and maybe some of the flowers.

I've got some rooting powder - so if I have enough time - I may get some heritage lilacs ready - but no promises - I am so busy my head is spinning right now
I've used the chick chick's advice and used a broody breaker for the broody hens that I want to get back to laying. the key is to have the cage bottom open and up off the floor so they get the cool breeze on their belly. I have found that they need to stay in about 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom