New York mini chickenstock 2016

I'm now at 26, 4 red sex links, 7 buff orpingtons, 6 silver laced Wyandotte's, 7 EEs, 1 barred rock, 1 black Austrolrup
8 RIR , 5 australorp, 5 white leghorn all hen's. 1 silver spitzhauben roo 1 gold spitzhauben roo and 1 gray (lavender ) orpington roo. So 21 years olds. 6 mix babies from the above list that are 8 weeks. Plus 5 1 week olds also from the list above. Not to mention the 3 dozen eggs I'm buying on the 28th plus the trio plus whatever other fuzzies I find while yall are here . Oh my husband isn't happy.

So cute! I've read these don't do well in confinement. Mine have a generous run and get out in the evenings for about two hours, would such an arrangement be suitable for this breed?

I'm not sure who started the rumor about not doing well in confinement, lol. Like all chickens, they'd always love more space to run & scratch. I confine my breeders in the spring to separate the colors & work on various projects. They do just fine with it. Lots of eggs every day, even in the winter.

As long as noone objects I will just be stopping in and going again to do my swapping because of family obligations, I can't stay:( I have made private arrangements...so I won't be bringing anything extra unless requested. I will have available hatching eggs a small quantity of Cream Legbar/Easter Egger cross or many (read tons- getting about 14+ a day) EE mix from main flock. Also anyone needing a rooster before they are gone I have 8 week old EE mixes including some barred and black Olive Eggers, 2 super pretty pea combed brown/red/black/orange ones which are brown Leghorn/EE mix, blk/wt EEs, wt Leghorn/EE, and 1 Legbar/EE mix which is crested and has puffy cheeks. Also younger Sapphire roos. So anyone needing eggs or roos PM me please so I know to bring them, I'm not yet sure what time I'll be stopping by...Oh & I can donate fertile EE mix eggs as well as we are swimming in eggs!

As long as noone objects I will just be stopping in and going again to do my swapping because of family obligations, I can't stay:( I have made private arrangements...so I won't be bringing anything extra unless requested. I will have available hatching eggs a small quantity of Cream Legbar/Easter Egger cross or many (read tons- getting about 14+ a day) EE mix from main flock. Also anyone needing a rooster before they are gone I have 8 week old EE mixes including some barred and black Olive Eggers, 2 super pretty pea combed brown/red/black/orange ones which are brown Leghorn/EE mix, blk/wt EEs, wt Leghorn/EE, and 1 Legbar/EE mix which is crested and has puffy cheeks. Also younger Sapphire roos. So anyone needing eggs or roos PM me please so I know to bring them, I'm not yet sure what time I'll be stopping by...Oh & I can donate fertile EE mix eggs as well as we are swimming in eggs!

Sorry you are not staying longer. :(

I am planning to mostly only bring what people have said they are going to buy. With all the car seats in my car I don't have much extra space. Here is a few pics of my white bresse trio. They are 22 weeks old. 1 pullet is from GreenFire and the other 2 are from the old farm house. I am impressed with the growth rate of this breed and I believe they are laying, although I'm not 100% it's them as I have not seen it with my own eyes.

The roo has a bad comb. The hens combs were nice but all the Roos are mating them and they are getting beat up. I can't believe that the hens lost points to the Roos. So far the roo has shown no aggression toward people. If anyone is interested in the trio let me know. They will be $50 for the 3.

Would anyone want any sapphire chicks or EE mixes? They are EE/australorp, Full EEs, and a few look like CL/EE. They'll be 2 weeks old. Also will be bringing the lemon fresian gulls. Gramma- still interested in the gulls?

Questions:
I'm going to attend. I'm bringing drinks. I'm bringing my SIL and her Welsummers' fertile eggs. I won't be selling anything.
Are the donations of eggs for a raffle basket? How many baskets will there be? May I donate cash to the hostess in lieu of hatching eggs for the basket? I see many EE eggs coming and don't want to overload the raffle basket with something already there. Besides my donations of $ and drinks, would there be anything else necessary for me to bring?

Is anyone interested in a pair of special needs Brabanters for free? The hen is blind. She is about 3 and lays infrequently. She is really friendly. She wanders off and usually wanders home. If she doesn't come home I can pick her up and carry her easily. The rooster is 1. He walks a little weird due to some crooked toes. Neither of them roost, they sit on the bottom of the coop or he hops up to a low shelf. This has led to them getting sneezes right around coop cleaning time- whether before from the ammonia smell or after from fresh bedding. They recover in a day or so. An open air and fenced situation would be better than my barn. Anyone with predator issues would have to be extra careful. They would be easy pickings.
They are special needs and might not integrate well into another flock. If the home isn't right for them I will build them their own coop and keep them. They do alright mingling with my small flock, but if there is someone on here who could give them a better home, I'd like that for them. Please PM me if you think you could provide a good arrangement for them.

I'm not sure who started the rumor about not doing well in confinement, lol. Like all chickens, they'd always love more space to run & scratch. I confine my breeders in the spring to separate the colors & work on various projects. They do just fine with it. Lots of eggs every day, even in the winter.

Okay, good to know! I'd love some white layers to mix with my CL roo, and the hairdo's are just so cute! I'll let you know, I'm still trying to figure out for sure if I can make the trip.

Back
Top Bottom