New York mini chickenstock 2016

Would anyone want any sapphire chicks or EE mixes? They are EE/australorp, Full EEs, and a few look like CL/EE. They'll be 2 weeks old. Also will be bringing the lemon fresian gulls. Gramma- still interested in the gulls?

they are ..a little expensive for my tastes ..how cute are they ?
Im think of just doing eggs to take home ..

So, my Dad says the only way I can bring home a cockerel is if it's easily identifiable from the others...lol, he really wanted the Rainbows but when they turned out to be just white, it was like taking away a balloon from a kid. I've got rirs, isa's and those 3 white imposters.

Also..those carrot muffins, with or without the cream cheese icing? Both? And if there's anything else I can bring, let me know...Ma's getting all sorts of ideas.

So, my Dad says the only way I can bring home a cockerel is if it's easily identifiable from the others...lol, he really wanted the Rainbows but when they turned out to be just white, it was like taking away a balloon from a kid. I've got rirs, isa's and those 3 white imposters.

I've got quite a few young roosters that are super colorful. In fact, some could even pass as a "rainbow"! :)
Were you referring to "Dixie Rainbow"? Mine aren't but some of the roosters are "multi-colored barred" as I call it.

How old would you want the rooster to be? There's lots of ages to choose from.
Photos taken May 5th, so they'll be a little bigger by next week + more feathers.

the larger black/white barred pullet already went to another home -
the cockerels are the smaller ones with multiple colors/patterns.

The two drinking water are roosters - the red/black/speckled one is a Swedish Flower Hen mix
& the other one behind it is what I call "multi-colored barred" pattern.

The rooster on the left is another example of the "multi-colored barred"
pattern - but he's 1/4 bantam cochin & was hatched in January.
He's already larger than a bantam, but smaller than a full-size rooster.
So, he might be too old for your flock, but if anyone else is interested,
he's a cutie pie! Also, he has a pea comb mix, so it'll be small, great for the winter = no frostbite!
:)

Roosters is one thing I have plenty of, as most of you that hatch do as well!

Last edited:

Also..those carrot muffins, with or without the cream cheese icing? Both? And if there's anything else I can bring, let me know...Ma's getting all sorts of ideas.
There will be a lot of VERY easy to identify cockerels. For the muffins, any way yall wanna make them. As for your Ma and her ideas maybe something really yummy for the raffle?

There will be a lot of VERY easy to identify cockerels. For the muffins, any way yall wanna make them. As for your Ma and her ideas maybe something really yummy for the raffle?

She makes AMAZING peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, old Fanny Farmer recipe. A couple dozen of those will be no prob, we will also find something else by then, I'm sure.

Chickens are becoming my newest obsession! This is gonna be the longest week ever.

She makes AMAZING peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, old Fanny Farmer recipe. A couple dozen of those will be no prob, we will also find something else by then, I'm sure.

Chickens are becoming my newest obsession! This is gonna be the longest week ever.

Mmm peanut butter chocolate chip sounds yummie! Chickenstock is like a cookie and such buffet
1f44d.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom