Newborn Goat pneumonia treatment. URGENT

We tried feeding measured amounts but it made no difference. When you have 23 kids that are bottle kids you stop measuring, after all mom goat doesnt measure how much kids get. When the kids wake up in the morning and mom is tanked up with almost a gallon of milk they stop themselves when they are full usually. Its more problematic if your only feeding a few times a day we feed about every 4 hrs from birth-2 weeks and then the windows get bigger as they start eatting hay. They have fresh available hay from day 1 and grain starting at 1 week.

@Cassie, are you talking about regular, homogenized milk like I would buy for my family to drink? I always thought pasteurized/homogenized milk was bad for animals. I want to get this right.
This is an old post, but I don't know if I ever answered it so I will answer it now. When I am talking about milk I mean plain old homogenized milk from the store. Whoever told it was bad for animals doesn't know what they are talking about. I have heard that nonsense many times and from personal experience I can tell you it just isn't true. By the way, where I came from a lot of the dairymen were pasteurizing milk fed to their calves and the calves were healthier for it. Pasteurization helped prevent mycoplasma and other diseases.

Back
Top Bottom