Newlly hatched chicken inside automatic incubator

The incubator countdown goes down to zero doesn't it?
I'd assume it does and if you start a 21 days that would be correct. One hour later the count would be 20 days and 23 hours to hatch. That is correct. It takes 21 days for chicken eggs: counting down start with 21 days, counting up start at 0 days.

I'd assume it does and if you start a 21 days that would be correct. One hour later the count would be 20 days and 23 hours to hatch. That is correct. It takes 21 days for chicken eggs: counting down start with 21 days, counting up start at 0 days. 

That makes sense. I wasn't taking the "0" into consideration.

I count down the old fashioned way - I use a calendar. I just set eggs under my broody on Monday, went to my calendar and counted three more Mondays and marked it. I do the same thing when I incubate. It's much easier for me to do it that way.

Please use caution with HHD incubators...

I purchased an HHD incubator and just hatched out my first batch of baby chicks. The 2 fans in the incubator are covered with white plastic slats. It is best practice to keep chicks in the incubator until they are dry before moving them to the brooder. 2 of my baby chicks put their beaks easily into the fan (the slats are way too far apart to keep the little babies safe). THE FANS CHOPPED THE ENDS OF THEIR BEAKS OFF!!!!! The little injured chicks bled all over the incubator and I had to remove all the chicks right after they were born and blow their little wet bodies dry by hand with a hair dryer, as the humidity was far too high.

Yikes, I wouldn’t risk chopped off beaks! :eek: We purchased a Nurture Right 360 from Amazon. With Prime, we got it in 2 days.

Yikes, I wouldn’t risk chopped off beaks! :eek: We purchased a Nurture Right 360 from Amazon. With Prime, we got it in 2 days.
I wouldn't have risked it either if I had known it was a possibility...it was a horrifying experience...one I would not like anyone to have to go through.

I wouldn't have risked it either if I had known it was a possibility...it was a horrifying experience...one I would not like anyone to have to go through.
Sounds like it. Did the chicks whose beaks were chopped off survive? Hopefully, OP can get a new incubator asap. The company really shouldn’t sell something so dangerous. That’s negligent.

Back
Top Bottom