Niacin Supplement for ducks

Hball

Chirping
Jun 1, 2022
Kentucky
I have 12 ducks, some are a year old and others are about 9 months old. I usually give them straight duck feed that is $30 for a bag but it’s hard to find now at my local farm store so I have been giving all flock pellets and add brewers yeast to their feed several times a week. When I do find the duck feed, I have been getting a 40lb bag and mixing it with a 40lb bag of all flock pellets to get more feed for cheaper to last longer.

My question is what niacin supplement/yeast do you all use and how much do you give it to your adult ducks with what type of feed?

Hi, my ducks are on a flock maintainer, because they share a pen with chickens and geese. I use nutritional yeast sprinkled in with their feed all the time.

I crush brewers yeast tablets (marketed for dogs) that I get in a large bottle at my feed store. Roughly estimate the weight of the flock, crush the recommended number of tablets and split the amount over breakfast and dinner crumbles.
Giving them way more than they need is a waste of resources. But. If you end up giving them a tick extra, it won’t hurt them; they will just lose what they don’t need in their excrement-

Back
Top Bottom