Nipple watering

I like this sleek and area conscious design, do you refill it from the top or is it hooked to a water hose? How does it use the water that is below the nipples? And also how much water does it hold? I have to have about 2 + gallons a day for my big coop in the hot summer months, but for my Banty and silkie coop this may would be very ideal!:)
This is the automatic watering system we have now. My husband is making a different version for the coop itself. The chickens took to it really quickly in the brooder so we just moved it to the run.

I recieved my nipples today so I need to make my system today. is this system just the pipe and you fill it from the top? how far are the nipples from the ground?

mine took to it right away, but I did have to remove their other water source first. if you want to see how to make a good nofuss waterer, I am very happy with the one I have built:

Jakes Bayou, I just watched your video on the nipple water-er :)

I enjoyed it and love the adjustable strap idea and the whole in the lid. And what a great idea to put a little roof on top especially to keep them from roosting up there.

Thanks for the great ideas. I'm returning the galvanized water bucket I just bought today and am gonna copy yours. Anyone have an empty tidy cat bucket I can have, lol.

Last edited:
Subhanalah, I just googled your product and this is what I found:

Horizontal nipples have a unique tapered thread design that offers several installation options:

Screwed into a 1/8” pipe thread
Pushed in 1/2” tubing
Screwed into a 3/8” drilled hole in PVC pipe or a pail

Solway Feeders horizontal watering nipples are spring loaded, releasing water only when pecked at, and house a drip guard to keep leakage at bay. Each nipple will service roughly 25 poults or 6 to 8 adult birds. When paired with Solway Feeders Brass Float Valves, watering nipples can be incorporated into gravity fed watering systems.

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/home...ontal-watering-nipples-zp0.aspx#ixzz35bvCuGVj

Subhanalah, I just googled your product and this is what I found:

Horizontal nipples have a unique tapered thread design that offers several installation options:

Screwed into a 1/8” pipe thread
Pushed in 1/2” tubing
Screwed into a 3/8” drilled hole in PVC pipe or a pail

Solway Feeders horizontal watering nipples are spring loaded, releasing water only when pecked at, and house a drip guard to keep leakage at bay. Each nipple will service roughly 25 poults or 6 to 8 adult birds. When paired with Solway Feeders Brass Float Valves, watering nipples can be incorporated into gravity fed watering systems.

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/home...ontal-watering-nipples-zp0.aspx#ixzz35bvCuGVj
thank you for taking the time to do that!

mine took to it right away, but I did have to remove their other water source first. if you want to see how to make a good nofuss waterer, I am very happy with the one I have built:

LOVED THE VIDEO!!:) haha!! I am now sold on trying out the nipple water-er and will be adding a cute roof. I am not sure if the ACV would corrode the metal in the nipples?? Does anyone know or have experience with that? I too add some here and there and you brought up a good point of it in your video:) thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom