NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show!!

I better go to the bank tomorrow
gig.gif
Went shopping and found some real cool chicken stuff for the auction. do we have to bring our own carriers? I'm def. getting there earlier than I planned. This is going to be more fun than Christmas!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
Can we bring our own food?

This will be the first show I get to attend! I am so excited to see all of these birds in their finest feathers. I am also hoping to get a couple of silkies, ameraucanas, and maybe a D'Anver or two. I live close and can help out if anything is needed.

Hi all,

This is my first time showing too. I'm bring my 3 silkies (buff cockrel, splash pullet and black pullet) At least that's what I think they are. I haven't actually decide if black cochin hen will be going or scratched. I'll have the silkies in on Friday night. Oh yeah and maybe my LF lavender Ameraucana roo.

Last edited:
Ben, Amber and Jersey - it is so great to have newcomers to the show! For your first time, please just enjoy the show, and ask a ton of questions! Nowhere else do you get such a glut of poultry knowledge in one place - take advantage of it! (PS - please don't go down the aisle if the Judge is working - it's considered rude, but no one ever tells the newbies!)

Ben - Yes, bring your own carriers, preferable with cups for food and water until you're ready to go home. Yes, you can take pics of the birds, but do not touch any, or open the cage doors unless you ask the owners. Most owners are happy to show off their birds. Thanks so much for getting stuff for the auction! It's a huge help for the club. Yes, you can bring your own food. As a vegetarian, I am always prepared to supply my own food wherever I go. No one will frown at you for bringing your own lunch. Just don't eat in right in front of the food table!
wink.png

Can't wait!! I'll be on my way by 3pm tomorrow afternoon, so I can beat the traffic out of Newark. There is no good way to get there from here. But that's ok, because I get to coop-in early, and I'm meeting friends for dinner, then I'm going to the movies! Hm, Thor or Pirates??

Last edited:
pirates def. I'm so excited I'm sure I won't sleep tomorrow night. I'll prob. leave as soon as I get the critters taken care of. I'll have by BYC shirt and a huge smile on my face. Boy do I have questions. I'll remember the thing about the judges.
ya.gif

Quote:
It will be my first time too!! I knew which boy I wanted to bring but I had such a hard time deciding which girl to bring because I still am not 100% sure on which body type is preferred for a silkie pullet...I have some heavier, solid girls and then I also have the lighter feminine girls. I was am still so undecided!!! But, I am going there expecting to learn and have fun!

Good Luck!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I should admit, I've already seen Thor, but my friend hasn't. And, I feel I should say here - DAYUM!! Where is the pause and drool button? Guy has his shirt off for all of one minute, but it's worth the price of the movie.

My Silkie hen is POed that I took her away from her flock so when I walked downstairs she 'pretended' to be broody.
lol.png
Very scary broody scream. But I found her out. She wasn't even sitting on the egg in the cage with her.
roll.png
This is why I prefer to work with roosters. More more reliable.

30% chance of showers, hi 75.
fl.gif
Please don't rain!

Quote:
I should admit, I've already seen Thor, but my friend hasn't. And, I feel I should say here - DAYUM!! Where is the pause and drool button? Guy has his shirt off for all of one minute, but it's worth the price of the movie.

lol yep!!
Saw pirates at opening last night AWESOME!!
smile.png

Im bringing chicks for sale. mutt RIR leghorn barred rock mixes, great egg layers and great in the cold and good food to laying ratio
smile.png
Just what you need! To pay for less feed!!

Back
Top Bottom