NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show!!

You guys are not making my staying home easy!!!!!!! Well actually I'll be at a Little League game tomorrow, but still.....

Seriously, good luck & have fun! I'll see ya in the fall, with birds in hand! The big guns will be out showing then, or should I say the bantam guns.lol Oh can't forget the Pigeon Pistals too
wink.png

MMM, maybe, though you may have to ask around - the day olds I think if I remember right, may slip thru the cages - I honestly can't remember,but I have neverseen day olds there.

Quote:
The smaller birds do not do so well in the cages especially in cold or rain. I use something else then. You can also line the cage with cardboard or newspapers.

I will have smaller ones but more like a week to two weeks.

thanks. I've never been to a poultry show and thought that maybe I could pick up a few for my disfunctional broody hen. She can't seem to stay on eggs for more than a few days... Might not be a good idea to get her a couple of chicks - she might leave the chicks too. thanks anyway.

Quote:
I should admit, I've already seen Thor, but my friend hasn't. And, I feel I should say here - DAYUM!! Where is the pause and drool button? Guy has his shirt off for all of one minute, but it's worth the price of the movie.

lol yep!!
Saw pirates at opening last night AWESOME!!
smile.png

Im bringing chicks for sale. mutt RIR leghorn barred rock mixes, great egg layers and great in the cold and good food to laying ratio
smile.png
Just what you need! To pay for less feed!!

Oh the joy of eye candy
wink.png

Got a few more questions about tomorrow.

1. If we buy some birds will they hold they at the tables until we leave or do we have to carry them around?
2 How much is parking and is there a admission fee.
3. I read something about a pet expo being there also is that right?
4 do you know if any one will be selling diapers?
5 every thing is inside right?
Thanks

not sure if I'm going now- My Mandy hen hatched 5 babies this afternoon (or they hopped out of their nestbox this afternoon) and I've got 2 eggs in the bator that she left...1 is alive for sure and breathing! I opened it to make sure it wasn't shrink wrapped and it was so still I thought it had died. It's still got blood but it is breathing so I want to monitor it, make sure the babies out back do ok and don't get hurt or escape somehow....I'm so torn- I really want to go, but there's another one in August isn't there? I won't have wee babies then to watch and enjoy.....
decisions, decisions.....
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
1 - you need to bring boxes - there are no tables - just stacks of cages with prices and peoples names and phone numbers on them - not sure where they can hold them. I usually will hold them in the cage til thebuyer comes back with a box for them, but they need to pay for them first - Everyone just walks around
2 - No parking fee and no admission fee - lots of parkaing avilable
3 - not sure about any pet expo, never heard of one there
4 Never saw anyone selling diapers
5 yes, everything is inside, two huge buildings next to each other and another buidling set up for the tailgaters
One building is the show where judging goes on, the other is the food and sale building, also some big vendors like First State Vet and Kuhl and Egg Cartons dot com

OH I hope you go I was so looking forward to meeting you
sad.png
Let me know
The people selling the birds are there right That sounds kind of dumb.
I want to do my bird buying then go to see the show birds and get supplies that's why I asked if they hold them if I give them a box and pay for them

Back
Top Bottom