non-broody fowl keepers

Ursula was going in and out of the nest as well (partly because Cruella was pushing her out because the nest ain't that big) so there's something going on with her too

I have a Nankin Bantam hen that consistently becomes broody in spring and summer every year. She is the most sweetest, most dedicated hen. She has hatched practically every single chicken that we have ever had in our flock. She is around 6 or 7 years old and still lays eggs. She's actually broody right now, laying on a clutch of Lavender Orpington eggs as well as her own eggs. Best chicken ever! 🥰 I'm lucky to have her!

I have a Nankin Bantam hen that consistently becomes broody in spring and summer every year. She is the most sweetest, most dedicated hen. She has hatched practically every single chicken that we have ever had in our flock. She is around 6 or 7 years old and still lays eggs. She's actually broody right now, laying on a clutch of Lavender Orpington eggs as well as her own eggs. Best chicken ever! 🥰 I'm lucky to have her!

She sounds like an amazing hen, I'm sure she's lucky to have you too!

I have a 5 year old yokohama mix hen that I hatched named Yokie jr (her mother was named Yokie). She goes broody at least twice a year she is probably the broodiest chicken I own. 2 years ago was the first time I let her hatch eggs and she was a great mother and knew what to do right away. Last year I hatched chicks in an incubator and gave them to her and she adopted them great.

Back
Top Bottom