Noodles' harness training program

I bought 2 harnesses almost 2 years ago but never found a tame girl I could train to wear them.
Then I found my lap baby, Noodles!
Today I was playing and cuddling with her and had a lightbulb moment. I grabbed the tiny harness and put it on her.
I expected her to collapse (like Kiwi did) or trot around proudly (like Pickles did) but she didn't. She walked. Normally. I mean, she did preen a little more, but she was fine with it. 💪🐔

So, I am going to start training her to wear a harness! A few mins everyday wearing it, then when she's comfortable with it I will introduce the leash!
Anyone who is currently training one of their birds to wear a harness (or already has) is welcome to update here!

Attached are pics of Noodles
Pooh I am following....what kind of chicken is she?

I love Etsy. :wee
Theres so much good stuff! I do almost all my shopping there.

Anyway, thats off topic. Following! I tried to harness train Smudge, but she never liked it. She would tolerate it, and I'm sure get used to it eventually. Maybe I can harness train Zorro, my Welsh Harlequin girl. Not sure where I would walk her. I'd be to concerned about prey driven dogs in my area, that could be bad.

I love Etsy. :wee
Theres so much good stuff! I do almost all my shopping there.

Anyway, thats off topic. Following! I tried to harness train Smudge, but she never liked it. She would tolerate it, and I'm sure get used to it eventually. Maybe I can harness train Zorro, my Welsh Harlequin girl. Not sure where I would walk her. I'd be to concerned about prey driven dogs in my area, that could be bad.
Sometimes I volunteer at my local primary school when I have a day off at my school. I'm sure they'd love a little bantam on a leash to come say hello! I also have a field near me where I walk ny dog. I can just carry her there and put her down for a bit to have some grass.

Back
Top Bottom