North Carolina

Miss Lydia,

Your "Dan'l" is a VERY Handsome Fellow ALSO !!!

I'll bet he's SMART, too ! (He looks intelligent ! )

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
Trish,
My Father was from Polk County, NC and his Ancestors all the way back before the American Revolution. Although I have visited there many times and have relatives (many) in the area, I was born here in New Mexico. (I've lived other places...but always "Out West".)

So, I guess I'm a "Western Mountains Tarheel". Ha-Ha !!!

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Howdy! I am a disabled combat veteran. US ARMY (RET). I am looking for a couple female silkies to go broody, and incubate my non broody other hens eggs. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Funny Farm Jason! What part of the state are you in? I'm just outside of the town of Stanley not to be confused with Stanly County, lol I'm just north of Gastonia. I'd love to help but I am chickenless at the moment.

Those of ya'll around Ashville/Waynesville, what's it look like up that way? Nothing but wet down this way, but I'm suppose to be in Waynesville tomorrow around 4pm. Is it really bad up there?

Hickory area. Oddly enough I thought I posted that but rereading my post I 'spose I just left it out LOL. The whole reason I posted here was to say wher I was and get a lil help with a silkie. crazy me
smile.png

Fayetteville here. Glad to have found BYC. New to chickens so trying to get my ducks...er... chicks in a row. Going to start on a coop this weekend. Will only have 4-5 chickens..egg-layers. No more room. Then to find a reliable place to purchase either pullets or chicks and other supplies. Been reading a lot over the last week with a whole lot to learn. Any comments or suggestions anyone has, please let me know!!

Dan

Who is a sleepyhead today? Guess y'all don't have two super needy German Shepards in heat! Can't wait till they are fixed next month! Had Planned to breed but saw the flood at the shelters
sad.png
... Poor little Corgy was out waiting for them in the snow. Poor guy just doesn't understand, these ladies have Height requirements! His belly rest on the snow,BURRRRR!
Well we got 1-2" here in candler. Got to run. Conan is a bit ahead of me already, and the wife is trying to sleep in~ lol. Stay warm!
Peace,
Story

Mom said she had 4" in Waynesville last night!

Morning all....
I've been up since 6am waiting for the PO to call. I am expecting my 1st shipped eggs today. I stopped in and asked for them to hold them & call me, I hope they do. I'd hate for my 1st experience to be a bad one.
hmm.png

I did notice that most of you posting are in Western NC. Is there anyone on the Eastern side? I'm in Fasion, Sampson County. I'd say an hour South of Raleigh.

Have a great day and stay warm.

Back
Top Bottom