North Carolina

Good Morning Neighbors
frow.gif

Haven't been on much lately~~~hubby was sick again, but he's a little better now.

Welcome jason_mazzy.....you're not too far away.....I raise nothing but Silkies but don't have any extra pullets right now. I'll bet you could find a few at the Morganton show on Feb.12th. We're all trying to "meet up" there, to finally put some faces to the names.

We only got a light dusting of snow last night, but they're forecasting more. Hate to hear that Waynesville got so much; I'm suppose to meet a BYC'er there tomorrow to give him a couple of Silkie chicks--he has a single one hatch, and they never do well all alone.

Greenskeeper~~we're still waiting to see Conan...lol...I've got alot of room to talk considering I've never posted the pic of my new Lavenders.

GoToLeap~~~welcome aboard

now...where is Miss Lydia??

...I am right here BC!
frow.gif
good morning all wow ya'll we've grown since I went to bed last night
welcome-byc.gif
all you new comers!! hope we can all meet at the show in Feb. And now for the weather forecast, better get your bread and milk today
hmm.png
It hasn't stopped snowing here since Friday morn before light. we already have about 7" and more to come, all the old timers are saying this is how winters use to be. I love it and don't mind abit this time of year, cause ya know what Spring is just around the corner!!
woot.gif
Speaking of ole timers where's junkman this a.m.
wink.png
talk to ya'll later.........p.s. sorry your hubby hasn't been feeling well BC glad to here he's better.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi neighbor!
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
Maybe we will see you at the Morganton show next month? There may be someone there with a silkie or two they will part with. It's also a great place to meet new friends and definitely lots of chicken talk.
big_smile.png

Good Morning fine people.
smile.png

I don't have chickens yet, but have got a coop finished and a run almost completed sooooo
this spring I should be ready to go here in Sophia.
I am interested in raising Dominiques and Welsummers (and prob anything else I get once chicken fever hits)
I was curious to know if anyone knew of a source for these two breeds in NC.
Thanks for being here. I'm sure I'll have a few NC specific questions and experiences.

welcome-byc.gif
NCSprout, glad to have ya!! I don't know of anyone who has that particular breeds but if your not too far away[ being as I don't know where Sophia is,] but I have a duck with that name
big_smile.png
you might be able to meet up with someone who can help you out at the show in Morganton on Feb. 12. ....... And junkman good morin! good to see you here bright eye and bushy tailed,
bun.gif

Hi Ocala, we use to camp around Ocala all the time along time ago though, Loved to camp at Mill Dam and Juniper Springs and Alexander springs and a few other places in the National Forest, we had a canoe so we especially liked the springs. How does it look down there now is it real grown up with people? You think it's cold we have 8" of snow with more on the way and 20's for highs, but I don't miss FL. was born there and way too many bugs and heat for me. Thanks for dropping by here though an reminding me of the good times we had there in FL.

Quote:
Down in fayetteville.

"Fayetteville here. Glad to have found BYC. New to chickens so trying to get my ducks...er... chicks in a row. Going to start on a coop this weekend. Will only have 4-5 chickens..egg-layers. No more room. Then to find a reliable place to purchase either pullets or chicks and other supplies. Been reading a lot over the last week with a whole lot to learn. Any comments or suggestions anyone has, please let me know!!

Dan"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom