North Carolina

Hoping for a little help from some western NC BYC'ers.....

I have to drive from the Hendersonville area (south of Asheville) to Weaverville.....I'm trying to find out the road conditions. I checked weather.com, but they don't have that info. Any ideas how I can find out if the roads are passable?? anyone know of a website, or do you live/drive in that area??

thanks so much

Presenting all the way from Candler, NC. the Cocky and Copper CONAN.

He still had no interest in coming out the main door as the 10 degree air rushed in! Its now 16 and looking Brighter than ever. Looks like a good day to come this way BC! Hope you can unite the lil ones with the lonely kid! B safe.

Did not mention it but I recycled a Candling box yesterday. Made from a Shelf stereo speaker. I gutted the speaker. Stapled cardboard over the big speaker hole, leaving the remaining "Tweeter" (small high pitched speaker) hole for the EGG. Wait ...really that was a no intended but its funny. I then installed a porcelain light fixture with pull string out the side. then shot it closed with a few brads and wallla! I was candling my eggs. Yep, they all looked good! I will take a pic later today!

Hope yall have a great beginning, to another fantastic week!
Peace,
Story

Morning everyone!
big_smile.png
we had a balmy 3 when we first got up now at 10:30 am it's 7 sun if shining across the river so it will get over here eventually, BC.. if you have to deliver chicks today I hope you go early so you can get back before this new snow comes in. Check in when you get back so we'll know your okay. We already have 10" on the ground, no telling how much we'll get from this next one. Sounds like part of Buncombe co. got a good bit too. All main roads should be good, it's these little side roads ya have to watch out for. ...Bhep did you get your eggs?everything okay?
welcome-byc.gif
.....birdbrains5 always happy to welcome new BYCers to N.C.
welcome-byc.gif
Also GoToLeap ..our family is really growing, {someone must have the big bator going] Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays warm and toasty, ...GreensKeeper thatrs a handsome fellow look forward to seeing the new candleing box. aayps: looks like another week for ya, we might even get snowed in this time, but my dh will find a way out some how, he swears he'll be able to get out, me I am just content to stay in and stay warm. We have a generator, gas for it and plenty of food, still getting eggs so what else do we need? well Spring!!! But it will be here before we know it. .....gavinandallison, tell us about those aprons you'll be having at the show please. looks like I better start saving up!!
ya.gif
Talk to everyone later.........NCSprout, we love pictures so when you get a moment show off your new coop...
thumbsup.gif

Greenskeeper~~ Conan IS a handsome man!! thanks for the driving report--pretty sure I'm going to give it a try.

Miss Lydia~~if I didn't have to make the delivery....I'd definitely just stay in where it's warm and watch "chicken TV" through the sliding glass door. My route is all main roads, so I'm thinking it'll be okay. Planned it so I'm home well before dark (my night vision sucks)

Well---we made it back safely---actually, we didn't complete the trip. We were about half way there when I received a text saying he was snowed in, power was off for 3 days....so----we may try another day. The roads weren't bad except for the shadowy areas on 9; I'm a cautious driver anyway.

Time to go to the barn and try some AI
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom