North Carolina

thanks Miss Lydia, glad to be here
and yes i was hoping to meet a few people at morganton in feb.
Sophia is kinda between randleman and high point.
I've been told there is a former president of the dominique club nearby in trinity so hopefully i can track him down.
I've been getting excited as put the finishing touches on the coop and run and drooling over all the awesome pics here on BYC.
droolin.gif

Candled today!!!!!! First off green/ blues truely are a pain! But I think I got 9 of 9 good with veins!!!!!! Conan won't pose in the snow for a pic. He Clucked something about getting cold spurs! Spoiled...
wink.png

Hey everyone how has everyone been?
We have been getting snow and a stuck again because it has all iced
barnie.gif
I am hoping we dont end up stuck for a week again. I was wondering if anyone has a Bantam Cochin hen they are looking to find a home for. Or 2 silkies?

Last edited:
If all you BYCers can just look at the link below, and if possible donate:

http://www.carolinawaterfowlrescue.com/

This group had a distaster in the recent snows, their covered area netting collapsed injuring some birds, nearly killing their mascot Roo who ended up semi frozen, broken jaw bone and bloodied. They not only take waterfowl, but all types of birds, wild and domestic.......

So, if you can possibly donate, remember it is tax deductable at the end of the year!

Sandy,

hope Tommy is okay, we'll pray for you both!!! Am still looking forward to the Morganton show, DW - Allison and I will have some aprons with us to hopefully sell at the show, and spread the word about them. The eggs are still a constant 100 degrees with 45% humidity......... @ 2 weeks to go today it seems like an eternity to hatch date!!

Take care of that husband of yours you hear!!

Gavin and Allison.

Fayetteville here. Glad to have found BYC. New to chickens so trying to get my ducks...er... chicks in a row. Going to start on a coop this weekend. Will only have 4-5 chickens..egg-layers. No more room. Then to find a reliable place to purchase either pullets or chicks and other supplies. Been reading a lot over the last week with a whole lot to learn. Any comments or suggestions anyone has, please let me know!!

Anybody with any ideas on hatcheries or sources for pullets (maybe baby chicks if I get really ambitious) close by. All of the ones I found online require 25 minimum except Meyers, but the shipping on a 12.00 order is 40.00. Thanks for the help!!

hey everyone! ive been on this site for a while now but never really explored all the index, just found this thread!

Im in Anson County! We moved from up north almost a year ago, so yes everyone refers to us as yankees. We lived in a very country like area for being in new england, but this is much nicer! We like it so far, we dont know anyone though. We have horses and we eventually would like to move to an area with more working horse farms and whatnot. But for now Im slowly collecting chickens and guineas and hopefully some turkeys and maybe even pea's!

Anyone near me?!

Quote:
Well....how far are you from Holly Springs. I know of a great little farm in Holly Springs that sells pullets. www.sumner-byrdfarm.com you can check out their website. I just got some hatching eggs from him and had 13/14 hatch. 1 was not fertile. Good luck!

Good Morning Everyone ! It's a chilly 9 degrees~~the birds breakfast will definitely be a little late this morning

Gavin&Allison~~thank so much for the prayers; he's doing a bit better this AM, finally got a bit of food in him....just takes time

allabout~~~you just got out~~hope you stocked up well!!

How wonderful to see so many new people here!! Anson Co.~~I'll have to look on the map for that one. Love reading about all the new birds

I'm hoping the snow will hold off a bit; I'm suppose to deliver a couple of Silkie chicks to a fellow BYC'er in Waynesville today.....gotta find out if the roads are clear.

You'll take care & stay warm

Back
Top Bottom