North Carolina

Oh I have health insurance but I haven't met my deductible so therefore everything comes out of pocket...and my insurance doesn't cover that anyway. Company health insurance is too expensive for them not to help pay for SOMETHING. I pay almost 400 a month out of my paycheck. That's a whole other paycheck!!!!

They are helping to pay for 'something' their own perks and large paychecks, I'm done ranting now.
Scott

Health insurance is an issue we can all rant over, I think. While the big changes didn't really affect me, it affected many of my friends and the friends of my kids. My son's buddy and his family had insurance which met their needs...but it didn't suit the new health insurance program so they lost it...and they can't afford what they are expected to buy, so now they have NO health insurance. This is a family with two adults and two small kids. She works full time, and he runs his own automotive business plus works nights elsewhere. They work hard, and still lost their insurance. It really ticks me off. They are not the only ones I know of in those circumstances. And the controls go off in 2016. It's going to be scary then.

Getting a good handful of pullets eggs now! Yesterday I got three olives, a blue and a brown. Hoping the other ladies kick in soon. Five out of 40-50 pullets is just a start! People are waiting on those eggs!

Hi all! It's been months since I was last on here! I just got so busy with life (homeschooling, animal care, church stuff...everything all at once it seems), that I dropped almost all interaction with the few forums I'm part of, including almost all social media as well! Things are slowing down now, finally getting into a routine I can handle! I had to sell off most of my chickens (had gotten up to 50 birds), due to my hubby starting a new job, that looks like it's going to require us to move to a more suburban area, so I went from about 50 birds, down to 8, in hopes of keeping them, if we can find a house in a location that will still allow me to have some chickens.

I hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to being on here a bit more frequently than I have been.

Hi everyone. New to byc. I have to hens that are broody and dont have a egg one. How can i get them to stop. Thanks.

Well, you could give them eggs to hatch. Some hens snap out of it once they hatch a batch. Others are just habitual broody buggers.

Questions, when they first went broody were they laying eggs? How old are they and what breeds? What are they eating?

Do your two hens refuse to leave their nest for anything other than an occaaional small trip for food and water? Just checking to see how they're acting....

They are cochins. About 6 months old and they were laying good. And feed some scatch with some laying crumbles and also organic feed.

Hey guys,
I just received a box of Cream Legbars from Greenfire Farms. I have extra pairs. If interested pm me. I'm located in Wingate N.C. About 40 min east of Charlotte. I also have Bresse,Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and OEGB Self Blue chicks.
Thanks

Hey guys,
I just received a box of Cream Legbars from Greenfire Farms. I have extra pairs. If interested pm me. I'm located in Wingate N.C. About 40 min east of Charlotte. I also have Bresse,Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and OEGB Self Blue chicks.
Thanks
For some reason I can't pm you. Can u post pictures and price?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom