North Carolina

Quote:
I am in Faison... a 2-3 exits up off 40. If you run into problems I can brood them for you ! PM me. I will be at Church 9:30 till 12:30.

Quote:
We don't live very far from you and I'd be more than happy to take your peeps and keep them warm until your power is restored. PM me if you get this message and want to use us as a peep hotel, seriously, not a problem!

How is everyone doing after that storm? I have been without power off and on. I have been keeping chicks in the sun to keep them warm and then wrapped in a blanket at night. We got power back late yesterday.

Chickeninthemeadow, I wish I was closer I would be more than happy to help you.

BHep, to cute
love.gif

Here is of our chicks that hatched out last week.
69773_104_2595.jpg

Last edited:
What a cutie ! allabout

Haven't heard from our friends in Fayetteville, they had some damage there. rameriezframing ???

Anyone here from EM ??? haven't seen anything from her since the Emu hatch....

Quote:
Welcome and CONGRATS!!!

I was just coming to check on everyone. Lots of close calls, still trying to locate some friends in Raleigh after everything yesterday. Most of our downtown is covered in trees, but otherwise we're find. I consider us lucky because we had no power until late last night and we had NO idea what was happening until everything moved out of the area.

Hope everyone is ok!?

Robin'sBrood :

Video of the tornado that went through downtown Raleigh yesterday. WOW!
Hey Robin! I know you weren't far from us at all. I'm so shocked to have seen the Raleigh twister hit like it did... Dunn got a bad one... and they are still 'iffy' on whether it was winds or a twister that hit holly springs. We're just watching and waiting here. Haven't got an account of everyone friends/family in Raleigh yet. My sister's son's family lives over near the brentwood area by Triangle town center and we haven't heard from them yet. Then we also have my husband's father's family on New Bern we haven't heard anything yet either.

Just waiting now... hope you guys made it out ok, my mom is in Willow Springs, and she said other then power loss, everything was fine there.​

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Mayberry Chicken Shack glad to meet ya
frow.gif

On a generator here as we did get a bit of one of the tornados. Got a bit of damage but all souls are alive and well.....the roofs and water pump canbe replaced........hoping everyone else are good too
fl.gif

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more chickens.

My kids are finally old enough to not be underfoot all the time, and actually pretty darned helpful, so we went ahead and started our first chicken coop in north Raleigh... which might be done as soon as tomorrow. We've got four mystery breed "red pullets" from the Tractor Supply in Knightdale in the brooder (sort of... they seem to be able to escape and roost on top of it now).

We'd like to get three or four more pullets, but something different. Definitely a good layer of large eggs (color of eggs not important). Want something not known for being loud or temperamental with kids. The local stores seem to not have anything interesting to offer. We did go down to the chicken auction in Clayton this afternoon but none of the chicks were sexed and we can only have hens here so we left that auction empty handed.

Back
Top Bottom