North Carolina

[COLOR=008000]Good morning folks [/COLOR] :frow

[COLOR=008000]Sorry about the predator loses. Sometimes it is[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]hard to keep the wildlife away. I just try to remember[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]that we need wildlife too and then try to find a way[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]to discourage them from wanting eggs or chicken[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]for dinner. [/COLOR] :mad:

[COLOR=008000]Iceman.......I got your fix......do you want EEs, olive eggers[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]or F3 olive eggers?  all the Marans are gone for this week.[/COLOR] :lau

[COLOR=008000]hope everyone has a good day[/COLOR]:cd

No kidding. It's *impossible* to get them all. And they, too, have their place in nature. I was told I had to get them all or else. ...I'm like, seriously, there are thousands of acres here. There is a balance, but there will always be some loss, unfortunately. :(

maybe we can hook up mid week...probably a dizen/18..have your apple trees saved
thumbsup.gif

McCaskill, these are from the Hinkjc line of Lavender Orpingtons. I have three pullets that I am definitely keeping. And I have three cockerels that I might part with.

i was looking for pullets but thank you for the information :) oh and be carful with the shook chicks i bought 17 from him and 6 died for unknown reasons and not from the same place they were all separated by the time they started to die

It starts with just knowing. just knowing that they are in the house. Teasing and haunting you. No matter what you do, you know that they are WAITING FOR YOU! You can't get away from them, even if you hide them, because you KNOW where they are! Calling for you as they just sit there biding their time till they know you can't take it anymore. So you tell yourself just ONE, you are only going to have just ONE! .........

Beth, do you know how hard it is to eat just ONE of them bon bons you made?

There are times that I wonder just how much self control I actually do have.

Thanks again for the bon bons Beth. :love

And here I thought you were talking about eggs to hatch..... :gig

Hello everyone! It has been so long since I have been on! Too much going on! Hope all is going well for all of you! Looking at ordering me some more chicks this week! Cannot wait!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! Have a great week!

Went for a long drive today and came home with two three-week-old Alpine doelings. Sage and White Foot will pose for pictures tomorrow. :)

About two weeks ago, or a bit less, a rat moved into the Juvenile Detention Center. "A" rat. You know there is never just one. I've got chicks hatching in two weeks. Hubby started setting traps. Snap traps, live catch traps...nothing. They are smart. Two days ago, I told him he was fired. I poked a hose in one hole, and turned it on. Dumped a fifty-five gallon drum down that dang rat hole. He poked his nose out of another one, saw hubby, and went back down when the water first started. Haven't seen a new sign since, but I'm flooding that hole every other day until the sinkhole forms. Stupid non-indigenous, invasive species! I won't have him eating my chicks! He can move right back out to the field next door!

It starts with just knowing. just knowing that they are in the house. Teasing and haunting you. No matter what you do, you know that they are WAITING FOR YOU! You can't get away from them, even if you hide them, because you KNOW where they are! Calling for you as they just sit there biding their time till they know you can't take it anymore. So you tell yourself just ONE, you are only going to have just ONE! .........

Beth, do you know how hard it is to eat just ONE of them bon bons you made?

There are times that I wonder just how much self control I actually do have.

Thanks again for the bon bons Beth.
love.gif

You are both so welcome !!!
I am having the same issues..........talk about an enabler
lau.gif

absolutely DEEEEEELISH Beth........
love.gif
droolin.gif
.......thanks SO much
hugs.gif

Folks ....you REALLY need to order some of these bon bons from Beth.......SOON!!!!!
celebrate.gif

And here I thought you were talking about eggs to hatch.....
gig.gif
lau.gif

I am working on my reality show:

51 yr old slighty chubby father of 3 yr old twins, nursery owner, landscaper, bee keeper, chicken owner sax player, horn repairman, pro hockey promotios guy, living in south eastern NC on a USDA farm...

Title????

HONEY BUN BUN !!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom