North Carolina

welcome-byc.gif
to the new flockers

Thanks for the great advice. I went back to tractor supply today and they magically have the big bags of feed back in stock. There was a terrible storm last night with lots of lightening! I was afraid the girls were gonna get fried out in the coop! But everyone was out and about this morning with all their feathers in place. lol! Hope you all have a great rest of the week.

Hey guys!
I have a chicken meat question.
We processed some birds and immediately deboned and froze in portions.
I pulled several out a couple days ago to defrost in the fridge to use this week.
We are unexpectedly going out of town until Sunday.
Should I leave it in the fridge or should I refreeze?

I know store bought meat is older and has also been frozen once before you buy it refrigerated, so I'm guessing fresh chicken I have some wiggle room. I just don't want it to go to waste!!!

Hey NatalieAlison! I'm just right down the mountain from you in Franklin. Have 6 11-week old Australorp pullets and one cockerel (who is learning to crow - a riot!) How about you?

We have 2 gold laced and 2 silver laced wydonets, a giant jersey, a barn yard mix, 2 Easter eggers, 2 buff Brahmas and a buff orp roo that is still learning to crow. We have 2 dozen buff brahma eggs in transit. We've decided that buff brahamas are our favorite and are going to slowly transition the flock over to them. Our brahams follow us around like puppies and are always the 1st to come running when we call.

We have 2 gold laced and 2 silver laced wydonets, a giant jersey, a barn yard mix, 2 Easter eggers, 2 buff Brahmas and a buff orp roo that is still learning to crow. We have 2 dozen buff brahma eggs in transit. We've decided that buff brahamas are our favorite and are going to slowly transition the flock over to them. Our brahams follow us around like puppies and are always the 1st to come running when we call.
I never did get a picture of any of my kids eating the chicken feed. LOL Glad mine won't/ aint the only ones to eat it. Good luck with your birds and
welcome-byc.gif
new flocker.

Back
Top Bottom