North Carolina

Hello Every one, it's been a while since I have been on here. Just returned from the Philippines after being there for 1.5 years. I'm in the west Johnston county area. I am searching for one or two Australorp roosters to put with 20 Australorp hens. any information or contacts are greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Hello Every one, it's been a while since I have been on here. Just returned from the Philippines after being there for 1.5 years. I'm in the west Johnston county area. I am searching for one or two Australorp roosters to put with 20 Australorp hens. any information or contacts are greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Hi. I got them from Hathor up in the Asheville area. She hasn't updated her blog in a year, so I have no clue what's going on. They are lovely, sturdy, very gentle birds. Very healthy, also.
Are you planning on line breeding?

I am, but I need to develop the lines. Next year I'll breed best daughters to my Bart, and best cockerel to my yearling hens. Bart and the 2 ladies will be 2 next March. The current crop will be yearlings. I have at least 4 lovely cockerels, and 7 pullets. Probably 6 pullets that I can use to breed. The last one is a bit light and will make a lovely layer hen.

I'd love to place at least 2 breeding pairs to get locale diversity. I don't have enough pullets to place trios, darn it!

I am, but I need to develop the lines. Next year I'll breed best daughters to my Bart, and best cockerel to my yearling hens. Bart and the 2 ladies will be 2 next March. The current crop will be yearlings. I have at least 4 lovely cockerels, and 7 pullets. Probably 6 pullets that I can use to breed. The last one is a bit light and will make a lovely layer hen.

I'd love to place at least 2 breeding pairs to get locale diversity. I don't have enough pullets to place trios, darn it!
If you are ever my way or willing to do some traveling let me know

Hello guys!

I have a Lavender Orpington Rooster named MJ that I need to rehome. I am getting rid of him because I have WAYYY too many roosters and not enough hens. I would ideally like to get $20.00 for him. He has been fed low spray, non GMO feed since March 3rd 2016. He is about a year and a half old. He is usually very sweet, every now and then he will peck you if he feels like you are threatening his hens. He has a beautiful crow and loves being the protector of his flock. I would love to see MJ go to a good home. I am in SW VA, VERY near the state line. Message me if you are interested. I also have a Buff Orpington rooster I want to get rid of for $10.00 His name is Kylo and he is 20 weeks old. I ordered 5 Buff orpington hens and I got 3 hens and 2 roosters. I decided to keep my favorite rooster, but Kylo needs a good home. I hope you are all having a great week! (Yes, I am a Star Wars fan)

New to BYC, in Wilmington, NC but well on our way to moving to Burgaw (Pender County) NC.. Definitely looking to connect with like minded people!!! We're just starting out with 9 white leghorns and 24 coturnix quail!!! I'm so ready for this country life!

Kat5185, I tried to just quote you, but it won't let me at the moment. Welcome to BYC! I love this website and the people on it and it has been nice connecting with people that enjoy and appreciate chickens! My best friend used to live in Wilmington. I am sure you will love the country!

Hi Everyone! I'm in Greensboro and we are moving to the Lake Norman area soon.

Does anyone know of hatcheries where I can get chicks either near Greensboro or Charlotte? Also is there any local supplier of organic chicken feed?

Back
Top Bottom