North Carolina

Greens.....so glad to hear your parents are doing well.

Vfem.... is the drake soup yet? LOL

Em... Stranger things have been seen crossing the road at night.
tongue.png

So the family that I hatched out the guineas for, came today and only took 8 home, left me with 16 .
hmm.png
I could not even talk them into any chicks
roll.png
But they did offer to take my barn snake, who has unhappily living in a bird cage. They were amazed that I could just go ahead and pick her right up & put her in the box. She is a very calm snake. Their property is very heavily wooded and they have a marshy area. They will set her free there. Plenty of food and shelter..... I am happy !
smile.png

Today is my DD b-day. So of course we are having a b-day hatch.
clap.gif

NH.... hows it going ? Is everyone settling in?

celebrate.gif
Story~~you're alive and well!! My goodness, I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth (which I seem to do with frequency
ep.gif
)

Soooo glad you're mom & dad are doing well
and congrats on all the new babies

Beth, Happy Birthday to your DD!!!!
celebrate.gif

Story so happy to hear your mom and dad are doing good. Glad to have ya back.

And BCS, Glad to see you haven't fallen off as well.
frow.gif
Hope all is good at your home.

My DH is in San Antonio,TX. since last Thurs. he'll be home tomorrow night, sure have missed him.
hugs.gif

I was wondering if Ruthann got her some hens from you Beth, guess she did !!!
thumbsup.gif

I am through with broodys for this year, still have one that won't give up, but she isn't sitting on anything.
hu.gif
silly girl.

Sorry G&A that your having to take care of your roo, but it has to happen sometimes, you'll be so surprised how much better the flock will be though.
Everyone have a great Sunday!!!

welcome-byc.gif
mrsgell.
I finally got batteries for my camera now I will be spending hours trying to get shots of birds for everyone I have been promising for months. frizzle feathers asked me for chick shots and she will be getting fully feathered blue frizzle shot if I can get them out form under the coop in the new pen.

today is waterer and coop cleaning day. I hope it stays cool for a while longer this morning. Then it is inside to work on putting together the "office" room from all the stuff spread around the the house from the "we'll put in in here until we find a place for it room which is now the new and improved man cave-- more room for the DH to spread out his "action" figure collection. I think there will be an epic good vs evil battle for the first few months. He is talking about setting up the race car track again
lol.png

mrsgell
welcome-byc.gif
this is the happiest group on the forum!!!!

Well folks, finally had to make the decision and to cull our Barred Rock roo Erin. He's been getting meaner as the months go by, and finally got to the point where even I was wary about going in there. I'd like to thank Sandy (Bat Cave Silkies) and Kevin (HenThymes DH) for their advice on how to do this not so pleasant task.

I now feel that I am a true chicken owner, from birth to death I have completed the cycle.

63999_10dec07.jpg

so, Erin rest in peace.......

Last edited:
rest in pieces of dumplings, and may non of your meat be wasted.
big_smile.png

im happy you had the respect for him to just do yourself lessening stress on all overall so you know what was what, and not have to be removed from it (mine seem alot happier at the end than the tv ones).

Afternoon all! The Carolina Chickenstock is coming along and I am updating the thread with those that will be attending and their bringing/wanting list. If you plan to have something available or are looking for something special please pm or email me with what it is so I can update the list.

ps- you can also just bring yourself to visit and gabb!!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom