North Carolina

Morning everyone!!!

Have a very busy day ahead, have a lot of catch up to do from being sick. I have a quick question. Does anyone want some chicks?? We got 6 extra chicks for a friend but they don't want them now and room is getting tight in our brooder as everyone grows. We have two pullets: Golden comets, but the rest are strait run: 2 Partridge Rocks, 1 silver laced wyandotte, and 1 speckled sussex. We would like to get $2 each if possible. I can post pictures of them as well.

Thank You!!

Aww so sorry NH I thought for sure with you being absent you were in the Labor dept. at the hos. darn. was wanting to see some pics. well lets hope Mi-Mi doesn't set you back till May or we may hear the explosion all the way to the mts. lol have a good day.

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
It wouldn't be an explosion per-say, but I would definitely be looking for a farm vet to put the gloves on and go "fishing"!!
lau.gif
Just so you know, my bags are packed, DH has a little bag packed, the baby's bag is packed and we even have a little bag for DD packed (just in case)...my computer is coming to the hospital with us, so whenever I can, I will post WHENEVER it actually happens!! LOL.

rant.gif
somad.gif
Curse you Rain...while I appreciate the replenishment to our well and the nourishment it provides the crops...why is it whenever DH and I have a big yard day planned, it pours?!? My lawn is starting to look like a meadow, we have TONS that need to be planted and I REALLY wanted to put fresh bedding down in the coop!!
barnie.gif
Oh well. I guess I can do some sewing while DH works on framing around some pipe in my sewing room. At least he has something to keep him busy...DD has been teething (STILL working on cutting those canines) so she pretty much eats, sleeps and potties - nothing different than what we're going to experience any day now!
gig.gif

Good luck to those of you intending on cleaning inside... I wish I hadn't spent the last 2 days doing that myself, then I'd have something to do...or at least something to procrastinate doing!! LOL I am going to try to find something to do to keep me from staring outside and waiting for the rain to stop. hehe. I sure wish "rain rain go away" would work...
gig.gif

Good morning! I'm hoping the sun will dry everything up here as well. I've got to clean out the big coop, silkie coop and chick coop :th I hate cleaning! Then I've got to clean the kitchen and den, clean the rabbit cages, then wash all the dogs, then its on to laundry! Why do I let things pile up!?

I hope everyone has a great day and can tackle their “to-do list”!

If anyone is interested I will have a nubian/alpine buckling for sale. I really want to keep him but cirrcumstances have changed and I can't :(

I hate missing a day with ya'll, the thread moves so fast! Hope everyone enjoys the rain, I'm hoping it lets up enough to get a little done. So I've been wondering about the smallest chick in my group, she's about half the size of her sisters, has allways been small, so I named her Peep. I got them from family farm over a week ago and she's fiesty, runs around chirping all the time. I really thought I would lose her, any ideas on why she is so small?

I hate missing a day with ya'll, the thread moves so fast! Hope everyone enjoys the rain, I'm hoping it lets up enough to get a little done. So I've been wondering about the smallest chick in my group, she's about half the size of her sisters, has allways been small, so I named her Peep. I got them from family farm over a week ago and she's fiesty, runs around chirping all the time. I really thought I would lose her, any ideas on why she is so small?

Bantam? if she is doing all chick things then probably just bantam. might get her some Nutri Drench and add it to her water it would be good for them all but may give her the extra boost she needs to catch up.

I was going to ask the same question! I have a little chick just like yours. She does everything the other chicks do but they are double her size. She is a silver laced wyandotte. I got her and her sister at Tractor supply, I felt bad when we went she was the smallest out of the group. I just couldn't leave her, she is still the smallest now. Just doesn't seem to be growing much, but I love her. Your chick is adorable
love.gif

Last edited:
Did a bit of housework this morning, catching up the dishes, starting laundry and setting up the sourdough to rise. Then Hubby distracted me by suggesting we go to the ReStore to look for windows for the sheepshed to chicken house conversion. The truck didn't turn over well, and we joked about getting another PowerPack for it, but went on. After we got the windows, it wouldn't start. Then we kicked ourselves for not grabbing the PP out of my car! We got a jump from the employees there, and Hubby is out getting a new battery now. And I'm trying to get back in a cleaning mood! The sun is peeking through, so it's hard! But I Need. To. Clean. The. Floors!

I need a fast-growing tree or two to plant around this building. We have a mimosa there, but it's the only one. We had planted trees away from the building for the sheep, but we need them closer in for the chickens. Suggestions for fast-growers? I could move some hazelnuts over there, I guess. But I'd really like something that provides better shade.

Back
Top Bottom